Taylor Lautner
  • I thought the movie was over-the-top cheesy and it didn't really put his acting skills into the best light
  • I thought it could have been much better since it was a family movie
  • I think he played the love interest to the daughter of Steven Martin's character

• by C.Channing

Taylor Lautner is a teen actor who stars as Jacob Black in the “Twilight” franchise. I was aware of Taylor Lautner before his breakout role as Jacob because I had the misfortune of seeing “The Adventures of Lava Girl and Shark Boy 3-D”. Even though it was a family oriented movie, I still wouldn’t make children suffer by watching that movie.

Before getting the role of Jacob Black, Lautner was putting in work as an aspiring actor. He did a lot of television work as well as some voice work, but the one movie he should have skipped out on was “The Adventures

of Lava Girl and Shark Boy 3-D”. I thought the movie was over-the-top cheesy and it didn’t really put his acting skills into the best light. I thought it could have been much better since it was a family movie. It was just too much for me.

Luckily he was able to rebound from “The Adventures of Lava Girl and Shark Boy 3-D” with a small part in “Cheaper By The Dozen 2″. I think he played the love interest to the daughter of Steven Martin’s character. I can’t recall the character’s name, but the girl was the tomboy who was the brains ...

• behind all of the pranks. I thought he was cute for that part.

Lautner’s biggest role wouldn’t come until he auditioned as Jacob Black in “Twilight”. Of all the actors chosen for their roles in the “Twilight” franchise, I thought Lautner was spot on for Jacob Black. I think he’s probably the only actor that fit the book’s description of Jacob. I think he did well as the shy guy in the first movie, and he really turned heads in the second one when he buffed up and cut his hair. I think “New Moon” was his time to shine and he did

really well; for a minute, I forgot all about Edward. I’m pretty sure people are anticipating the final movies of the franchise to see exactly how his character (and him) will evolve.

I think Lautner has a successful start to an acting career because of the Twilight” franchise, and I think afterwards he can have a good career if he’s smart. He has shown versatility in his acting by the various movies and television shows he been part of. I think if he continues to work on his craft and tighten his skills, he’ll be able to go far if he wants to.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5225051107241031/k2311a0525/5.25.10