Jake Gyllenhaal  » People  »
  • I like Jake Gyllenhaal because he's one of those actors that are a required taste
  • I was actually surprised to see that even though he has been getting a lot of publicity, his resume was not as long as I thought it would be despite being in the entertainment business since 1991
  • I think people started to take notice of his acting skills, but that movie alone wouldn't be enough to capture Hollywood's attention at that time
  • Now, I not really an environmentalist, but I think The Day After Tomorrow is the only global warming movie I love watching over and over again
  • I'm not really invested in the whole climate change topic, but I did find The Day After Tomorrow very interesting and I began reading books about earth science

• by C.Channing

I like Jake Gyllenhaal because he’s one of those actors that are a required taste; you have to watch his movies to really appreciate his talent as an actor. I was actually surprised to see that even though he has been getting a lot of publicity, his resume was not as long as I thought it would be despite being in the entertainment business since 1991.

The first movie I saw Gyllenhaal in was “Bubble Boy”. I was pretty young when I saw the movie, however, I remember there was a lot of controversy surrounding the movie because of the bubble Gyllenhaal had to be in. Some people felt that the theme or content of the movie overall was offensive to children with diseases. I think people started to take notice of his acting

skills, but that movie alone wouldn’t be enough to capture Hollywood’s attention at that time.

His next big movie would be “The Day After Tomorrow”. Now, I not really an environmentalist, but I think “The Day After Tomorrow” is the only global warming movie I love watching over and over again. It comes on a lot on the FX Network. The movie is pretty much about a colossal climate change that sends portion of the world back into the ice age. Gyllenhall plays a teenager who is part of the debate team and has a crush on his teammate. Because of his knowledge (thanks to his father played by Dennis Quaid) it will be up to him to help save some of the surviving New Yorkers as well as his friends. I’m not really ...

• invested in the whole climate change topic, but I did find “The Day After Tomorrow” very interesting and I began reading books about earth science. I think “The Day After Tomorrow” was the movie to really put Gyllenhaal on the map. He did a great job with the role.

Another movie that really proved to Hollywood that he wasn’t just a pretty boy actor was “Brokeback Mountain”. “Brokeback Mountain” was a movie that depicted the lives of two homosexual cowboys. Hopefully the movie was an inspiration to stop the violence against homosexuals because it was so sad when Gyllenhaal’s character was killed; hopefully it will open up more dialogue amongst people to help break down all the hate that homosexuals have to endure. Even though I’m heterosexual, I have a few good friends who

are gay and some of the stories I hear from them are so sad. Therefore, I just try to shower them with much of my love and friendship as possible.

Gyllenhaal did some great follow up work to “Brokeback Mountain” and he actually has a new movie that will be coming out soon called “Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time”. I never really pegged him for the type of actor who would do Disney movies, but I’m actually looking forward to seeing the movie. I think the last time I saw a movie of the magnitude that is “Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time” was “The Mummy” franchise. I think Gyllenhaal is a great actor which such a vulnerability that just melts on the big screen. I hope his success continues into the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5225051107231031/k2311a0525/5.25.10