Robert Downey Jr.  » People  »
  • I think I loved Tropic Thunder the best because I can't really recall seeing Downey in a comedic role before this movie, and his character Kirk Lazarus was pure comedy
  • I like he's versatile and can play a range of roles

• by C.Channing

Despite having a tumultuous past with drugs, Robert Downey Jr. has fought against his demons and prevailed with a second chance at his career. With his second chance, he’s been on top of his game since he took back his life and the way his fans have supported him at the box office proves he’s back and better than ever.

To be frank, I don’t even remember the first time I saw Robert Downey Jr. in a movie; however, I clearly remember seeing him in “U.S Marshalls”. I liked him in that movie because there was something off about his character: he was just too nice and involved in the case. Come to find out that he was a

bad guy. Even though he was the bad guy in “U.S Marshalls” I had the biggest crush on him; he was so clean cut and handsome in that movie–I couldn’t help but watch it over and over again. He had everyone in that movie fooled, even me.

Even though there was a gap in between the amount of projects he would do, the next project of his I would see was “Gothika”. “Gothika” was a psychological thriller starring Halle Berry as this woman who ends up in the same mental hospital she works at because she kills her husband who also worked at the hospital. Downey’s character was Pete Graham, who was a friend to Halle Berry’s character and would ...

• serve as her only friend while she’s locked away trying to prove her innocence. His character was also harboring a secret crush on Berry’s character. I really liked him in “Gothika” because despite Halle Berry’s character being locked up for allegedly killing her husband, I secretly hoped they would end up together. He was the [cynical] knight in shining armor and he was so attractive as the friend with the secret crush.

He did some other movies that I enjoyed: “A Scanner Darkly”; “Zodiac”; “Iron Man”; “Iron Man 2″; Sherlock Holmes”; and “Tropic Thunder”. I think I loved “Tropic Thunder” the best because I can’t really recall seeing Downey in a comedic role before this movie, and his character Kirk

Lazarus was pure comedy. I liked the movie overall but I couldn’t help laughing at Downey the most. I’m currently in the process of a Robert Downey Jr. marathon: I’m going back and watching al the films he’s made thus far.

Even though I’ve only seen a handful of films Robert Downey Jr. has starred in, I still like him as an actor. He has such a charisma on screen that it’s hard for you to take your eyes off of him. I like he’s versatile and can play a range of roles. I’m glad that his past is the past and that he’s back making great movies. I’m looking forward to some of his upcoming confirmed projects and rumored projects as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5225051107191031/k2311a0525/5.25.10