Blackberry Storm 9530 Smartphone  » Phones  »
2.5
  • After a year, I've definitely gotten used to it, but don't really know if it's the phone for me
  • First, I like the idea that you can create word and excel documents on the phone, but this is a feature that I have never used
  • Another issue I have with this is that typing on the touch screen would be too much of a hassle to create anything of any substance
  • Overall, I would probably not recommend the Blackberry Storm to people who do not use their phone for business

• by RandomSamurai

The Blackberry Storm is the first ever smartphone that I have owned. My boyfriend and I each got one about a year ago with a buy one get one free deal at Verizon. After a year, I’ve definitely gotten used to it, but don’t really know if it’s the phone for me.

First, I like the idea that you can create word and excel documents on the phone, but this is a feature that I have never used. Usually,

if I need to create a document, I can just go to the computer. Another issue I have with this is that typing on the touch screen would be too much of a hassle to create anything of any substance. In the future I will definitely look for something with a keyboard.

The next thing I don’t really like is the fact that the screen rotates with the slightest movement. While it’s great that no matter which direction you turn the phone it adjusts, at the same time I find it to be too sensitive. This is also a pain when taking pictures as they often will end up upside down when viewing them. I’m not incredibly tech savvy, so it is quite possible that I’ve just never figured it out…

Finally, the Blackberry Storm is pretty fragile. I’m not hard on phones at all, however I have had to replace mine once due to screen ...

• Blackberry Storm 9530 Smartphone
      malfunction. My boyfriend is on his third phone! Granted, he is a bit more reckless than I am, but it still seems a little excessive. Fortunately we purchased the warranty with our plan so each replacement was free.

One good point on the phone is the camera. Don’t expect it to take high quality, professional pictures or anything, but for a camera phone, I find it to be more than adequate. I’ve taken some decent snapshots while

out at the bar, along with some pretty good picture of my cats.

Overall, I would probably not recommend the Blackberry Storm to people who do not use their phone for business. If you are someone who uses all the features of a smartphone, go for something with a keyboard. For me, while the features of a Blackberry are great if you need to keep in constant touch with contacts, in reality it’s more of a luxury than anything else.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3725051106790931/k2311a0525/5.25.10