Y Snore 10mL (0.34 Fl. Oz.)  » Medicine  »
  • I thought I did something about it by making sure that my bed was on the other side of the room, far from where his bed is in his own room
  • That’s why I was quite elated when I found Y Snore, which took away the snoring
  • I think it’s a combination of herbs, and as such can easily pass for a herbal remedy
  • I suggest you start with just three drops per nostril and then increase the dosage based on feedback

• by RichieMogwai

I have to say, I have really found the cure for snoring at nighttime. I have been looking for this remedy for the longest time, since I was positive that I snored at night. It’s so bad that sometimes I would be awakened by my own snore!

I even used to think that everybody snores. Now I know better! But beware of those people who claim that they don’t. The fact is, they probably do, it’s just that they’re not aware of it.

My roommate doesn’t deny that he snores, but one day he called my attention to my snoring, which he thought was quite excessive, if not too loud. I thought I did something about it by making sure that my bed was on the other side of the room, far from where his bed is in his own room. That way, I thought, he could hear me less.

But I was wrong! He told me that at times my snoring was still so loud it woke him up. So I promised him that I was going to do something about it. I did

not bother to argue my case, although I knew I could prove well enough that sometimes he snored just as loud as I did.

Why, all I needed was a cassette recorder to record his snoring, but trust me, I wouldn’t stoop to that level. I thought I had to be more constructive, and find solutions for my own problems, rather than finding fault on other people.

That’s why I was quite elated when I found Y Snore, which took away the snoring. I tried other remedies before, but this one sure does the trick. And it’s very easy to use!

How I discovered this snore-stopper was in a Shoppers Drug Mart flyer. It was billed as the “mute button” for snoring and rightfully so! For Canadian $8.99 and a small bottle at that, it really looks like an expensive solution to a nightly malady.

But it works, although this bottle of 10mL only lasts me for ten days or less. The usage instruction says that two sprays per nostril is enough to do the job. But I find that I have to put three or sometimes even four ...

• sprays per nostril for me to get the confidence that it’s working. On the first night it didn’t work, as my room mate would confess. But the nights after that, I’ve heard no control. He even complicated me once or twice, saying that the remedy I was taking was working!

As the label says, it’s a homeopathic remedy, which I interpret to mean that there’s no drugs involved, which cannot be bad. After all, I can really taste the drops in my throat as it went down on a per-spray basis. I think it’s a combination of herbs, and as such can easily pass for a herbal remedy. Just some of its ingredients are purified water, ethanol and sodium chloride.

If you seriously snore, or someone is ardently complaining about it, take heart, there’s a cure. And like I said, I’d proven it to work for me. But be careful how you use it. Make sure that the lid is firmly closed after using it. You don’t want an expensive remedy like this to just evaporate in thin air.

And when you take off the top lid

to use the spray, make sure that the plastic cover is tight around the mouth of the main plastic container. Mind you, it’s such a small bottle to take with you anywhere. It can even fit in any of your jeans pockets.

On two occasions, I’d also made the mistake of buying the spray version of this product, which is a bad idea. This is because it’s harder to use. You have to sit down on the bed first while you spray one nostril and the next. You cannot spray it once you’re lying on your back or even on your side, or else you can end up spilling some precious drops on your pillow or the bed sheet.

So if you’re ready to buy this stuff, make sure you get the drops, non-spray version. That way, you can just drop the formulation down your nostril while you are lying down. I suggest you start with just three drops per nostril and then increase the dosage based on feedback. That should work. If not, probably it’s best to consult the doctor, especially if you suffer from sleep apnea or other sleep disorders.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2624051106420631/k2311a0524/5.24.10