Hummus Recipe  » Recipes  »
1.5
  • What I like about this is its healthy but not really appealing to me if taste is concern

• by dimples15

This is one of the recipes which uses Tahini, a sesame paste used frequently in Middle East and Mediterranean cooking. I was told by Marie Claire Magazine that this can be bought in specialty stores and supermarkets but I did cannot find it here. I found one when I was in Amman.

Ingredients:

5 tsp tahini, or to taste

dash of soy sauce

1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

1/8 tsp black pepper

pinch of ground red pepper

Procedure:

Process the chickpeas in a food processor until almost a paste. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the red ...

• pepper. Process again to achieve a creamy consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. Serve in a plate or bowl, sprinkle with ground red pepper. Drizzle with olive oil, if preferred. Enjoy as a dip for vegetable sticks and pita crisps, or as a dressing for sandwiches, Makes about 1 1/2 cups.

This recipe tastes like sour for me. I

am not really a fan of it. Chickpeas has this sour taste already plus you add yoghurt on it so it makes this sesame paste more sour. Plus the mixture of olive and pepper was something which did not buy me either. What I like about this is its healthy but not really appealing to me if taste is concern.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4924051106130531/k2311a0524/5.24.10