Netflix  » Movies  »
  • I actually planned to sign up for Blockbuster by Mail but there was some problem when I tried to sign up so I eventually gave up and I just decided to sign up for Netflix instead
  • I love how you can increase or decrease your service all you want and when you want
  • Even though I do not get to watch them instantly I have noticed that their selection is still growing and you don’t exactly get a huge selection of new movies yet
  • Even though I can’t get the instant movies I still like Netflix and would recommend them to anyone

• by stuckinarut

I signed up many years ago for Netflix. I actually planned to sign up for Blockbuster by Mail but there was some problem when I tried to sign up so I eventually gave up and I just decided to sign up for Netflix instead.

After all these years I am still quite pleased with the service. I love how you can increase or decrease your service all you want and when you want. If you have their high unlimited plan and want their lower one at a time plan for a couple of months, you can do that, easily.

A couple of times I needed to stop my service for awhile and I was able to put it on hold. Their website

is very easy to maneuver. They allow you to put your account on hold for up to 3 months a year. They will not charge you anything or send movies for the time your account is on hold, but everything will still be there in your online account, waiting for you.

Now you can watch movies online or streamed to your TV, but you couldn’t when I first joined. Being able to stream is not something I care about with my subscription plan because I live in an area that does not offer high speed internet. So, it takes me 8 hours to watch a 1 and a half hour movie. That is not something that would get you excited to watch ...

• a movie. Even though I do not get to watch them instantly I have noticed that their selection is still growing and you don’t exactly get a huge selection of new movies yet.

When it comes to movies by mail they are great. I send a movie back to them and they receive it the next day. They then send me the next movie in my queue the same day and I receive it in my mailbox the very next day. Can’t beat that. I have yet to have any problems. I did have one movie get lost on the way back to Netflix but thankfully the Netflix customer service lady was nice and took care of it for me.

I have called

Netflix customer service a couple times for minor questions and they have always been very nice. Most of the time I don’t even need to call them because all the answers are online in their help section. And, they do try to get everyone to look through the help section first because their phone number to call is not easily available. Though, it will be shown if the help section does not answer for you.

Even though I can’t get the instant movies I still like Netflix and would recommend them to anyone. Their movies by mail are pretty instant, about as instant as they can be. They have plans for occasional movie watchers all the way to movie buffs. Something for everyone.

Netflix

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1124051105990531/k2311a0524/5.24.10