Murad Hydrating Toner  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • And I can definitely say that I was unlucky that day, because this toner is not at all better than the one I’ve been using for a while
  • I believe it just wasn’t right for my skin type, and that the toner wasn’t flexible for other skin types

• by dimples15

I was recently on a week-long trip but I hadn’t had time to think of what I’ll be packing as I was a in a great hurry, so I forgot my basic essentials. So I went on a trip to the grocery store upon arriving, and picked up this hydrating toner. And I can definitely say that I was unlucky that day, because this toner is not at all better than the one I’ve been using for a while.

Usually, whenever I travel, my skin starts getting irritated, because of the change of climate. This happened when I got off the plane to Australia. When

I used this toner, it didn’t sting my irritated skin at all, but it also didn’t do anything for it.

After three days of using the toner during my trip, I started getting white heads, which I never experienced with my old toner. I looked it up online, and it had very mixed reviews—some people claim that it was good for their skin, but others claimed to have the same reaction as me. I believe it just wasn’t right for my skin type, and that the toner wasn’t flexible for other skin types.

I have quite an oily skin, and the toner I used to have prevented ...

• my skin from getting too oily. This toner, though, didn’t do anything to my pores as it promised. Instead, I started feeling oily only after a few minutes under the sun.

Though it promised to be non-comedogenic, its alcohol-based formula was just a little too harsh for my skin. I also didn’t like the scent, perhaps because I’m used to the natural formula, and this one’s a little too alcohol-smelling for me. I just don’t like feeling that I have a ton of chemicals entering my pores, and this one gave me that kind of impression, simply because of the smell. The no-sting

formula was a little deceiving, but the smell gives it all away. If you have quite a sensitive nose, this one’s definitely not for you.

All in all, I don’t think this hydrating toner is the right one for me. Though it does not sting the skin, it doesn’t do anything else either. It didn’t tighten my pores; instead, it gave me whiteheads, and instead of controlling the oil from my face, it made me even oilier, and I hate having a shiny forehead, especially during trips where you want to have your picture taken with the sights. Its alcoholic scent is also quite harsh.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124051105260431/k2311a0524/5.24.10