Frontline Plus for dogs (23-44 pounds)  » Pets  »
  • I'm extremely happy to say, also, that I haven't noticed any negative side effects in my animals
  • Ticks are horrible in the summer, but since we've started using Frontline, our dogs haven't had an issue
  • I like Frontline because it's really easy to apply

• by Ash Marie

Frontline Plus is a liquid product that helps keeps dogs free of some parasites. The box says it protects against different types of ticks, fleas, and lice in all stages of life, (although my dog hasn’t ever had lice so I can’t say how well it keeps them away). The product can be purchased from many veterinarians or online.

We’ve been using Frontline on all of our dogs for a few years now. It’s about $50 for six applications, depending on where you buy it. We apply it every month. (The box says you can do it every month or every three months,

but you risk re-infestation if you wait too long.) The application helps kill adults and also eggs and larvae. Some products only kill the adults, and then a few months later the eggs hatch and the dogs are covered in fleas again. This isn’t an issue. We’ve never had such an effective pest treatment.

I’m extremely happy to say, also, that I haven’t noticed any negative side effects in my animals. Their skin is still healthy and didn’t dry out because of the medication, they haven’t had any reaction, and none of them have been able to lick it off and digest it. We were worried about the treatments initially, because usually super effective treatments are really bad for the user (like a lot of acne medicines dry out people’s skin, for example.)

As soon as you apply the product, you can tell it’s working. Pest make the house miserable, but this really helps to prevent them and kill the ones we already have.

We live on a farm and our dogs spend a lot of time in the grass. Ticks are horrible in the summer, but since we’ve started using Frontline, our dogs haven’t had an issue. My dog did bring in one tick, but it hadn’t ...

• Frontline Plus for dogs (23-44 pounds)
      got farther than the fur, so he wasn’t affected. Usually we spend the summer trying to find ticks the dog brings in after a walk, but we rarely ever look any more because one hasn’t made it to the skin and lived for at least a year now.

I like Frontline because it’s really easy to apply. I hate giving the dogs pest pills. It’s a fight to get them to swallow and they get really annoyed when you try to force it down. Frontline is a liquid tube, so all you have to do is cut it open and put it on the

animal’s skin somewhere that it can’t be licked off (like the nape of the neck.) It also works much faster than the pill, so if you give it to your dog for the first time, you don’t have to wait around for anything to get through the system.

This is a great product. I really wish it wasn’t so expensive, but other than that I really don’t have anything bad to say about it. If you have outside or inside dogs, this is a super product. (It also comes in different sized for larger and smaller dogs. 23-44 is just the size we use.)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2924051105010331/k2311a0524/5.24.10