Dolly Parton Concert
Casino Rama, Orillia
  • I went to the Dolly Parton concert at Casino Rama in Orillia on November 21st and I was so impressed with her performance
  • It was a fantastic experience to share that energy with her for the time being
  • No matter how 'cheap' she may feel she looks, I think her personality and talent are worth more than all the gold in the world

• by Raida
      I went to the Dolly Parton concert at Casino Rama in Orillia on November 21st and I was so impressed with her performance. She makes you wish you could just sit down and talk with her for a while and share some of that ‘down home’ feel that she always exudes.

So looked wonderful and after the first song she lovingly thanked the audience for their support over the years.

As has become her personal tagline over the years; ‘It takes a lot of money to

look this cheap’, she quipped, laughing with that little girl type giggle of hers and we all laughed along right with her.

When Dolly laughs you just can’t help but join in.

There’s something very endearing about someone who can laugh at themselves and she has a wonderful sense of humor.

One thing is for certain, no matter how much of her outer appearance is fake, made up or altered, the inner beauty that Dolly possesses cannot be faked.

Her love for her music, her fans,

• life, friends and family was proudly on display when she sang and then shared stories with us between songs of her experiences over the years.

There wasn’t a moment during her show that I wasn’t smiling, laughing, singing along or misty eyed.

I have a lot of memories tied to many of her songs such as; Coat of Many Colors, Jolene, Do I Ever Cross Your Mind and I Will Always Love You.

It was a fantastic experience to share that energy with her for the

time being.

You can tell Dolly takes a lot of pride in her music, her song writing and how far she’s come to be as big a star as she is.

And as I looked around the room that night I felt just as much pride for her and grateful to be sharing in the gift of Dolly’s beautifully unique voice and humor.

No matter how ‘cheap’ she may feel she looks, I think her personality and talent are worth more than all the gold in the world.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 591212110420431/k2311a1212/12.12.06