Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser, make-up remover and cleanser in one  » Cosmetics  »
  • What caught my interest about this cleanser was that it soap- free, oil- free, non-pore clogging and hypoallergenic and the best part is that it is a make-up remover as well
  • Since it is hypoallergenic, oil-free and non-pore clogging I decided that its worth a try and who knows it might work
  • I love the pump dispenser it is so convenient, easy to handle and no mess
  • So this cleanser definitely passed the make-up remover test with flying colors
  • After this experience I now believe that it is not a good thing to be judgmental about any brand that has been around for so long just based on couple of products that didn’t work

• by true_value

Neutrogena is one brand that I have stayed away from for quite a while because of some bad experiences. The first product of theirs that I had used was the transparent facial bar for oily skin, I am not sure if they still have it but it made my skin itch so much I had to toss it out after couple of uses. Also I didn’t have much luck with their oil free acne wash and to say that Neutrogena products are on the pricey side of drugstore products. I guess those cleansers were just too harsh for my sensitive oily skin. I am prone to get occasional acne if I don’t use the right products which is why, I am always extra

careful about what I put on my skin.

This time when I was looking for a make-up remover I came across the Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleaner. It is a fairly big sized 200ml (67 fl oz) blue pump bottle. What caught my interest about this cleanser was that it soap- free, oil- free, non-pore clogging and hypoallergenic and the best part is that it is a make-up remover as well. The price for this was S$18.00 which is steep compared to other make up cleansers but it does make value for money as it’s a cleanser and a make-up remover rolled in one.

Since it is hypoallergenic, oil-free and non-pore clogging I decided that its worth a try and who knows it might work.

I tried it in the shower. I love the pump dispenser it is so convenient, easy to handle and no mess. The cleanser is on the runny side, smelled a bit like hand soap and lathered well felt smooth and creamy on application, did not irritate my eyes and rinsed easily leaving my skin feeling clean. Next was the moment of truth how well did it remove my waterproof mascara and eye liner. I checked in the mirror and viola! no trace of the mascara. This cleanser had totally removed all makeup. Even when I used the toner after that I didn’t see much left over on the cotton pad. So this cleanser definitely passed the make-up remover test with ...

• Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser, make-up remover and cleanser in one
      flying colors.

Next was the facial cleanser test for compatibility. My face felt slightly oiler afterwards but didn’t break out. But the oiliness disappeared after I started using the cleanser two times. Once for removing the make-up and second time for a double clean effect this way my face felt super clean and didn’t get oily or dull at all. What a great way to remove all make-up in one step no need for a separate eye-makeup remover as well. In fact I would skip the toner all together as I didn’t feel the need for it.

I was so happy and satisfied with the results that I continued using it for couple of years and went through about 5 to 6 bottles.

I only recently changed my cleanser as I felt my skin was getting used to it but I am definitely going to get it back again just because it is so gentle, contains no harmful ingredients and most of all cleans beautifully without drying or irritating.

I highly recommend this cleanser to those who wish to remove any kind of make up by just stepping into the shower and not having to spend time and money in getting separate makeup removers for the face and eyes or to just anyone with sensitive skin.

After this experience I now believe that it is not a good thing to be judgmental about any brand that has been around for so long just based on couple of products that didn’t work.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124051104100231/k2311a0524/5.24.10