Mongolian Death Worm Movie  » Movies  »
  • The movie, which in my opinion is pretty much a rip off of the film Tremors, was definitely low budget (like most Made-for-TV films)

• by Review Vigilante

I took off yesterday afternoon and, since I discovered there isn’t anything good on TV Friday afternoons, I ended up watching a movie I had DVR’d a couple weeks ago; Mongolian Death Worm. The movie, which in my opinion is pretty much a rip off of the film Tremors, was definitely low budget (like most Made-for-TV films).

But, it did end up being a little better than I expected it to be.

Basically, the movie takes place in Mongolia and a group of people have to survive a group of giant worms that are supposed to be guarding Ghengis Khan’s tomb and are awakened by an oil drilling facility that was built over top ...

• the tomb.

I’ll give it this much, the film did manage to be entertaining; both because of all the man-eating worms and because each of the characters had their own backstory.

Of course, the movie did have a lot of flaws.

For one, I couldn’t help but notice the police truck had the word “Police” written on

it.

I would think a police officer in Mongolia would have something not written in English on the side.

It’s almost as though they intended on having the movie set in the United States, changed their mind mid-filming and didn’t want to try to correct the errors.

It was an OK movie to watch.

But, it wasn’t something I would watch more than once.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1123051103700431/k2311a0523/5.23.10