The Glory of Five Roses Tea  » Food  »

• by Kumalo

Aah Five Roses tea…. The very flavor of home and comfort. I have been drinking this tea since I was a wee young thing, running around the house with my tea bottle hanging from my lips - 3 parts milk to 1 part tea. Morning, noon, and night, I would partake of this glorious

nectar from the gods. I am convinced that had Zeus reigned over South Africa, instead of Greece, Five Roses would have become synonymous with ambrosia.

So, what is it exactly for the uninitiated? The tea bags come packaged in a cheerful red box adorned with those lovely flowers the tea is named for. From inside ...

• this lovely box wafts the aroma of the very finest Ceylon tea, blended to perfection in South Africa.

I take one tea bag from the box, give it a gentle shake to dispel any loose flakes, and drop it into my waiting mug. Boiling hot water poured in from my trusty kettle. Five minutes

later, I remove the tea bag, allowing the fragrant steam to tantalize my nostrils, and add the tiniest dash of milk. A mere teaspoon of sugar. And it is ready.

It is then time to relax with a crossword in your lap and a dog at your feet, while you take your first sip. Aah Five Roses tea….

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2723051103180331/k2311a0523/5.23.10