Pool Perfect + PHOSfree  » Other  »
  • This year that same problem has already started, so Leslie Pools recommended to my husband that he begin using this product
  • I like that it is a concentrated formula, so although it costs over $40 per bottle, it does last
  • I am however, disappointed that it did not truly kill off all the algae as promised
  • If you have algae products, I would recommend at least trying the product

• by mjcnv36

This product is for swimming pools; it is meant to be added weekly with normal sanitizer levels and promises to keep pools clear and algae free. My husband has had a difficult time keeping our pool algae free. We have a salt water system for our pool, not the regular chlorine type, and last summer we had an ongoing battle with algae. He had to give our pool weekly chorine shock treatments in order to keep the water clear of algae, but somehow we could never remove it all from one of the walls of the pool. This year that same

problem has already started, so Leslie Pools recommended to my husband that he begin using this product. The Leslie Pools employee told us that if we use this product weekly as instructed, our algae problems would be over completely. The way it works is that this product reduces the amount of phosphates in the water, so algae cannot feed off of the phosphates and grow, and so the algae dies.

So we began using this product a few weeks ago when all of the pool water was starting to look green. After using it, the water did look very clear and blue again,

• but alas! The algae was still on that same pool wall. We just brushed off what we could, and did the treatment again the following week. We still had the same problem. The water looked great, but the algae on the pool wall was still there. A few more weeks and treatments have gone by, and the problem is still the same.

I do like several things about this product. I like that it is a concentrated formula, so although it costs over $40 per bottle, it does last. Only two capfuls of this liquid are required each week.

I do like that the pool water itself does look great, as promised. I am however, disappointed that it did not truly kill off all the algae as promised. Despite this, I am very glad that it does also offer an unconditional guarantee. At least we can get our money back, making this product worth trying to anyone. Since the product couldn’t kill off all the algae, most likely we’ll be contacting the company and returning the product.

If you have algae products, I would recommend at least trying the product. Maybe it will work better for someone else’s pool.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1223051103080331/k2311a0523/5.23.10