Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara- Thickening Waterproof  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • I want to find a mascara that does the job, but doesn't cost too much
  • The first thing I noticed about the mascara brush is that it is thick
  • When I dip the brush into the bottle, I like to know there is plenty of mascara inside
  • I think the bottle the mascara comes in is pretty

• by CoffeeBreak

I am not one to splurge on mascara. I want to find a mascara that does the job, but doesn’t cost too much. I had the opportunity to try Almay One Coat Nourishing Mascara– Thickening Waterproof. I was thrilled to be able to try this mascara, especially since it is waterproof! The less expensive mascaras are usually not the waterproof ones, and sometimes I can’t justify spending so much money on waterproof mascara.

The first thing I noticed about the mascara brush is that it is thick. I think the brush is too thick. It makes it more

difficult to get the mascara where I want it to go. The brush is thick toward the middle and narrows down toward the end. I often find myself tilting the brush to use the tip where it is narrower. I wasn’t very pleased with the thick brush because it is more difficult to use than the thinner brushes I am used to.

Another thing I was less than pleased with was the fact that the bottle never feels full. When I dip the brush into the bottle, I like to know there is plenty of mascara inside. But this ...

• bottle feels empty to me, which is not very reassuring, especially since I can’t actually see what is inside! Also, when I dip the brush into the mascara, it doesn’t seem that much comes out onto the brush. Maybe that is because the mascara is thicker, but I still don’t like it very much.

The bottle specifically says “one coat” but I often find myself applying more than one coat because it isn’t dark enough. One of the most disappointing aspects of this mascara is that although it says “waterproof”, I haven’t seen any evidence that it is waterproof. It

still smears like the non-waterproof mascara I use. I was not at all convinced that this is actually a waterproof mascara, and I would not buy it if I wanted waterproof mascara as it doesn’t seem to do the job at all.

I think the bottle the mascara comes in is pretty. With a shiny blue handle and a simple white bottle with black letters, I like the look of the tube. But I wouldn’t buy this mascara if I wanted something extraordinary. It does the job of mascara, but it doesn’t do anything else special as it claims on the package.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3123051103030331/k2311a0523/5.23.10