Real player 11  » Software  »
  • On checking, I found that the format is real media and is playable in a specific player called the real player
  • So, I rate this software at 7/10 and recommend the free version to all

• by Suman

While surfing the internet, I came across an audio format called RM. On checking, I found that the format is real media and is playable in a specific player called the real player. I was shocked but decided to check out this software. So, I downloaded real player and discovered that it is not a fake software but a legitimate video player which also has its own format called the RM.

Another strange fact was that

besides, being a good player, real player offered a premium setup to its users at a set price. Being an experimental user, I tried the free setup. Real player is a nice software, it is built well.

The interface is cool and easy. The options are more or less similar to other players. The equalizer, however, is the first disappointment.

For free users, the equalizer is extremely limited. For premium members, a ten band equalizer is present. Its a shame.

Most of the formats are playable in real player and the software has a codec download facility for non playable clips. The player is good as both a video and audio player. One of the few things, I liked was the detachable play list editor.

The ability to stream online video and receive live feeds is quite limited but impressive nevertheless. Another ...

• Real player 11
      good feature is the “Download this video” feature. Whenever, I am streaming a video and song in my browser, a small link appears on top of it asking to download the video.

The ability to capture streams from web is great. The initialization of the player is a bit slow. But it is tolerable as the player does not use much amount of CPU memory.

I also felt that the RM or real

media format is a good format as songs are reduced to less size and become easy to store, share and download. However, the quality of play back gets somewhat degraded as audio bit rate gets reduced to 96 kbps. However, I feel that asking for any amount of money for video player, despite added features is not justified.

So, I rate this software at 7/10 and recommend the free version to all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3023051103000331/k2311a0523/5.23.10