VLC Media Player  » Software  »
  • I like subtitles and VLC has added support for all formats of subtitles
  • Even so the best thing about VLC is the fact that I could capture screen shots of the playing video which get saved in the MY Documents directory
  • Due to its ability to play audio in SPDIF audio, it manages to mask its few disadvantages

• by Suman

VLC Media player is a video player that is available on the internet for free. I was recommended this player by one of my friends. VLC or Video LAN is a good software that can be quite useful while handling video applications. VLC media player has a small download size.

I was baffled to find that VLC media player can play any format with ease. It supports nearly all formats, which makes it a cut above the

rest video players. If if a format is unknown to windows media player, it can be played with ease by VLC media player.

It doesn’t even require any additional codec installation. It supports difficult formats like MP4, DivX, AVI and Xvid with tremedous ease. Its looks are not trendy or cool but the interface is quite user friendly.

I can even add directories without the trouble of adding each song. I like subtitles and VLC has added support for all formats of subtitles. Even so the best thing about VLC is the fact that I could capture screen shots of the playing video which get saved in the MY Documents directory.

It has a powerful equalizer, not to forget that other audio tweaking options are also worth mentioning. I can also change the aspect ratio for any video, and even crop it to my wish and advantage. This makes it a unique player due to its advanced ...

• VLC Media Player
      video tweaking powers.

I have also put my CD drive on an auto play mode using it to play all my CDs. All these multifunctional features make it the best software on the internet. VLC player also has safe mode settings which I use in case of frequent crashes.

Yes, the player does crash a lot if I play too many different formats without using proper codecs. Due to its ability to play audio in SPDIF audio,

it manages to mask its few disadvantages. Its compatible in Mac Operating System, Windows Vista and even Windows 7.

The memory usage for this video player is also quite less, so it doesn’t overburden the CPU and can be used on old computers also. Updating is not required, which eliminates the need to have an internet connection. These qualities make Video LAN a really good software.

It has earned from me a rating of 10/10 and a universal recommendation to one and all.

VLC Media Player

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3023051102990331/k2311a0523/5.23.10