Benefit Lyin’ Eyes concealer  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • Although I don't like liquid foundation and I prefer mineral foundation because it works better on my skin, that also goes for my concealer, liquid concealer always seems to look like spots on my face no matter how close it matches my skin tone or how well I blend it in, and then it always gets cakey around any pimples that I try and cover it with, with mineral concealer I never have that problem and i always get great coverage with the mineral concealer so I haven't really tried that many liquid concealers, I'm a hug makeup junkie but not when it comes to concealer, I can count on one hand how many liquid concealers I own and I don't even have to use half my hand to count the number of liquid concealers that I have
  • I thought maybe if I applied my mineral foundation over the concealer it wouldn't look so bad but it really didn't really make that much difference, I could still see the patches of dry areas and the flaking

• by JCandyce

Although I don’t like liquid foundation and I prefer mineral foundation because it works better on my skin, that also goes for my concealer, liquid concealer always seems to look like spots on my face no matter how close it matches my skin tone or how well I blend it in, and then it always gets cakey around any pimples that I try and cover it with, with mineral concealer I never have that problem and i always get great coverage with the mineral concealer so I haven’t really tried that many liquid concealers, I’m a hug makeup junkie but not when it comes to concealer, I can count on one hand how many liquid concealers I own and I don’t even have to use half

my hand to count the number of liquid concealers that I have. I didn’t buy this concealer, It came with a set that I got as a gift and I loved most of the products that were in it.

When I first saw it though I loved the packaging and the name Lyin’ Eyes was really unique and cute, just like the packaging and mostly all the cosmetics are like from Benefit.

Although I didn’t really think it would work with my skin type (I have combination skin that gets oily throughout the day and it makes some products get flaky because of my dry skin.

) I was hopeful that it could possibly work so I tried it.

It’s like a regular concealer, nothing really different ...

• about it except it has more of an applicator brush and isn’t the normal brush you just brush on.

I actually didn’t really like the applicator so I didn’t dab it on my face, I dabbed it on my finger instead and then applied it to my skin and blended it in.

It went on a little dry and didn’t want to spread that far and even though I had applied moisturizer before, the concealer was caking around my pimples and the concealer was getting flaky and it looked very dry.

I applied my mineral foundation over it like I usually do over my mineral concealer.

I thought maybe if I applied my mineral foundation over the concealer it wouldn’t look so bad but it really

didn’t really make that much difference, I could still see the patches of dry areas and the flaking.

Maybe this might work on someone who has really soft skin or maybe I just needed more moisturizer on my skin, but I had on a lot anyway so my skin wasn’t dry or anything.

But like I had expected in the first place this didn’t work for me so not really a big disappointment since that’s what I thought in the beginning.

I’m really glad that I didn’t pay for this or I would have just wasted my money.

I’m giving this a 2 instead of a 1 because I really do like the packaging and the name of this concealer, it’s very catchy so it gets a point for that.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3123051102950331/k2311a0523/5.23.10