Covergirl Smokey Shadow Blast  » Cosmetics  »
0.5
  • I thought that Drew Barrymore looked great in the ads and loved the look on her eyes
  • Once I finished the base color and started applying the darker shade on my crease, that was a little bit easier to apply and i didn't have to use as much of it but when I started using it as an eyeliner it didn't go on so well, It went on pretty well on my crease line but wasn't as dark as it should have been for black, it came out pretty light looking and no matter how much I applied it didn't come out any darker, but it definitely didn't apply well on my water line, I could barely get it to go on my water line so I just gave up and applied my regular eyeliner
  • I like the idea of this product, as it is a very good one but it's definitely not good quality
  • I won't be buying this again and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone

• by JCandyce

I have just a few Covergirl products, I more mascaras by Covergirl then any other product by them, but even though I didn’t buy a lot of products from Covergirl I still liked the brand for what I did try. When I first started seeing the commericals on TV and the ads in my magazines for this , I really wanted to get it. I thought that Drew Barrymore looked great in the ads and loved the look on her eyes.

I thought the 2 step process of having one side be eyeshadow and one side be liner and the color that you use on your crease in 2 colors that look really good together for making a good smokey eye. The only set that I wanted to

try was the black and white one, they don’t have many colors in this line which is really weird that they only have a few to choose from.

Before I used this product I really thought that I would really like this but I didn’t. The eye shadow didn’t go on as easily as it should have and I had to layer it quite a bit to even get a good amount of color on my eye and because I had to keep layering, the more powder that went on my eye and the more i got fall out, but at least it was able to wipe of though without really having to mess up my mineral foundation or blush/bronzer that I had.

Once I finished the base ...

• color and started applying the darker shade on my crease, that was a little bit easier to apply and i didn’t have to use as much of it but when I started using it as an eyeliner it didn’t go on so well, It went on pretty well on my crease line but wasn’t as dark as it should have been for black, it came out pretty light looking and no matter how much I applied it didn’t come out any darker, but it definitely didn’t apply well on my water line, I could barely get it to go on my water line so I just gave up and applied my regular eyeliner. Another bad thing, it didn’t last very long.

After an hour my regular eyeliner was

the only makeup left on my eye. The Covergirl makeup faded and creased horribly, and the darker shade I applied on my crease had fell out and smeared on my cheek.

This was a complete mess and my eyes looked like nothing even close to how it looked on Drew Barrymore’s eyes on the commercials and in the magazine ads. I like the idea of this product, as it is a very good one but it’s definitely not good quality.

I expected more from Covergirl then what I got with this eyeshadow/liner kit. I won’t be buying this again and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

It’s better to just use a regular eye liner and eye shadow to create a smokey eye because this definitely does not do the job.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3123051102910331/k2311a0523/5.23.10