Dettol Healthy Touch Refresh Hand Wash  » Health  »
  • Dettol Healthy Touch Hand Wash promises to kill 99.9% of bacteria and it was this aspect that attracted me to this product, but I was disappointed that it was not as moisturising as it says it is
  • I bought the 'Refresh' variety which contains extract of grapefruit and indeed the scent, which I initially thought was of orange but I do not have a great sense of smell, is a very refreshing citrus fragrance which I find really pleasant

• by jeanne71

Dettol Healthy Touch Hand Wash promises to kill 99. 9% of bacteria and it was this aspect that attracted me to this product, but I was disappointed that it was not as moisturising as it says it is.

I do have to make sure to apply hand cream after using this which I do not have to do with other hand washes, so this is the one downside to this product.

At my age especially I really need more hydration from a hand wash.

I bought the ‘Refresh’ variety which contains extract of grapefruit and indeed the scent, which I initially thought was of orange but I do not have a great sense of smell, is a very refreshing citrus fragrance which I find really pleasant.

The bottle is attractive looking with clear plastic showing the apricot coloured hand wash within.

...

• The bottle is nice and sturdy with a sturdy nozzle.

Some hand washes can have you fighting with the nozzle as you have to press down and twist and all that stuff but with this you just initially turn the nozzle to the front and leave it like that, pressing down to release the hand wash.

So it is easy enough to use.

This hand wash does leave my hands

feeling very clean and refreshed and I do appreciate that it kills bacteria and leaves my hands hygienically clean which is so important for many reasons but especially when you are preparing food.

I just wish this was more moisturising and then this product would be perfect.

Dettol has a long-standing image of a gentle protectant against bacteria but for use on the hands, this is not quite gentle enough for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3423051102700231/k2311a0523/5.23.10