Knorr Italian Sides Tomato Parmesan  » Food  »
1.5
  • I like my sauce rich with flavor, not weak and fleeting
  • I think they give this Italian Side some flavor, especially since the sauce doesn't do much for how this Italian Side tastes
  • Still, I added some of my own because I thought the Italian Side could use some additional cheesy goodness

• by CirclingCanvas

I didn’t care very much for this Italian Side. The main reason that this Italian Side failed to win me over is because of the tomato sauce. It was pretty bland and thus not satisfying to the taste.

The sauce did have some garlic mixed in for seasoning, but the garlic wasn’t too strong and when I did taste the garlic, it was short-lived. There just wasn’t enough of it or

it was just not that strong.

Basil was also supposed to be mixed in with the sauce, and like the garlic, I could taste a little, but not enough to satisfy me. I like my sauce rich with flavor, not weak and fleeting.

Parmesan and romano cheeses also were included in this Italian Side, and the cheeses, now I could taste. The blend of these two cheeses I’m familiar with because ...

• I put these cheeses on my pasta dishes.

I like them, and I like them here. I think they give this Italian Side some flavor, especially since the sauce doesn’t do much for how this Italian Side tastes.

Still, I added some of my own because I thought the Italian Side could use some additional cheesy goodness. The penne pasta was tender, and there was a lot of it, enough for

two side dishes.

When the stuff was gone though, I was glad. It wasn’t too satisfying and wasn’t worth a dollar twenty-five.

The sauce and the lack of significant and strong seasonings in the sauce is what hurt this Italian Side the most and the reason I didn’t care for it too much, and it’s also the reason I’m giving it a “3″ rating. It could have been a lot better.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2723051102640231/k2311a0523/5.23.10