Skippy SuperChunk Peanut Butter  » Food  »
  • Wasn't allergic, just couldn't bare the taste, the texture, the way it creates a swamp in your mouth

• by Kumalo

My roommate and I make eye-contact. We both know what’s up. Our gaze shifts to that jar with iconic blue lid that I just pulled out of a shopping bag. “SUPERCHUNK!!”

Now, I’m going to start off by saying that for most of my life, I have flat-out hated peanut butter. Wasn’t allergic, just couldn’t bare the taste, the texture, the way it creates a swamp

in your mouth. Even the smell put me off. I don’t really know what made my taste buds radically shift, but I now have my one brand of peanut butter that reigns supreme for me. The very first thing I do upon opening up a brand new jar, is reach for a large spoon and dive right in. The nutty richness blankets my palette, and ...

• I chew my way through the abundance of crunchy peanuts nestled into the creamy goodness. Now I’m ready to spread it liberally on a single piece of bread, while my roommate makes puppy dog eyes and holds up his own spoon. I acquiesce, and bite into my own sumptuous folded over sandwich, while he skims the surface of the jar.

Now, I have tried many varieties of peanut

butter out of pure curiosity ever since my tongue pulled the switch on me, but none of them have rivalled SuperChunk. It is irresistable. It’s the first thing I’ll think to put on a sandwich. The first midday/midnight snack I’ll reach for. And I justify the magnitude of calories I’m consuming by accounting for the hefty dose of protein I’m getting. Superchunk makes me powerful!!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2723051102570231/k2311a0523/5.23.10