In-N-Out Burger: Fries  » Food  »
2.0
  • Unfortunately, these fries do no justice to the burgers they are meant to compliment
  • At least I know they're serving genuine potato french fries and not some kind of pre-frozen, potato mash fries
  • Other than Animal Style, I think I'll be sticking to McDonald's, Wendy's, or Del Taco for my french fry fix

• by Paradigmgeek

I have mentioned before my unbridled passion for In-N-Out’s Double Double. It is amazing. However, I do not only love burgers. I love french fries. They are the best form a potato can take. Potatoes should aspire to becoming french fries when they grow up. I even have them ranked by franchise. McDonald’s fries take the cake, followed by Wendy’s and Del Taco. But these are not the fries I have decided to review today. Today we look

at In-N-Out’s fries.

Unfortunately, these fries do no justice to the burgers they are meant to compliment. They fail in many, many ways and I find myself usually not willing to spring the money for them. Unlike the salt goodness of the McDonald’s fries, In-N-Out’s fries tend to be bland; lackluster. Sure, one can always add salt and pepper, but that isn’t the same. Not only that, but these fries, most importantly, also lack the body and moistness of fries like those from Del ...

• Taco. In-N-Out fries are far too crispy and dry, leaving me feeling underwhelmed. I don’t relish eating In-N-Out fries like I do fries from other fast food joints.

However, I will give In-N-Out props for using fresh potatoes, sliced right where you can see. At least I know they’re serving genuine potato french fries and not some kind of pre-frozen, potato mash fries. Also, In-N-Out fires take on a fantastic taste when eaten Animal Style. It is typically the only way

I can eat them. Animal Style is when the french fries have cheese melted over them and then are covered in caramelized onion and Thousand Island dressing. At this point, they are a big heaping mound of deliciousness. If you eat In-N-Out fries at all, eat them this way.

Overall, I find In-N-Out fries to be disappointment in general, though a delight if dressed up Animal Style. Other than Animal Style, I think I’ll be sticking to McDonald’s, Wendy’s, or Del Taco for my french fry fix.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2723051102410231/k2311a0523/5.23.10