Beta Sal Medicated Shampoo  » Health  »
0.5
  • Even after using close to the whole bottle, I noticed no noticeable improvement
  • I normally use Head and Shoulders, and while I like the brand because it seems to keep my hair looking great and healthy, it's never been overly effective for me during the steaming summer months when my scalp would itch and dandruff would be noticeable

• by CirclingCanvas

This is a medicated shampoo for dandruff, Psoriasis, and Seborrheic Dermatitis, but just because it’s medicated doesn’t mean that it can’t be found on the shelves at drug stores like Walgreens, I wish though I hadn’t found it at Walgreens, even though it was on sale eight dollars. I say that because the shampoo didn’t help me. I have mild dandruff that seems to crop up most often in the hot summer weather, and in the heat is

when my scalp bothers me the most and itches, so I figured that I’d give this shampoo a try and see if it could ease or erase my problems. Even after using close to the whole bottle, I noticed no noticeable improvement. My scalp still itched and I still noticed dandruff.

The next time I was at the store, I compared the active ingredients in this stuff to the active ingredients in brands like Head and Shoulders. It ...

• turns out the active ingredients are the same. That made it clear to me why this stuff didn’t work. I normally use Head and Shoulders, and while I like the brand because it seems to keep my hair looking great and healthy, it’s never been overly effective for me during the steaming summer months when my scalp would itch and dandruff would be noticeable. This Beta Sal medicated stuff is no better because the active ingredients are the
        same, so all I ultimately did was spend more money for the exact same stuff that I could have gotten cheaper under the Head and Shoulders brand.

Since the medicated shampoo proved useless, I obviously won’t be purchasing it again. They put the word “medicated” on the bottle hoping that people will think the stuff is better for the scalp than average shampoo. That’s misleading and that’s part of the reason this ineffective shampoo gets a “1″ rating from me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3423051102370231/k2311a0523/5.23.10