Rock Me! by Anna Sui perfume
  • The strongest at this time were definitely the fruity top notes of the orange and the pear
  • The perfume stood the time test as I applied it earlier in the day and by early evening it was still very much at the same strength which I was very impressed with
  • I would highly recommend you try this perfume as it is the perfect package

• by Tick tock

Well I’m not one who is normally just interested in looks but what drew me to this perfume was the appearance of the bottle - shallow maybe, but if you have not seen this yet let me just describe it as for me it was one of the key factors in deciding to purchase it.

The perfume comes housed in the most exquisitely designed bottle I’ve seen for a long time. It is in the imaginatively thought up form of an electric guitar which suits the title and the persona of the perfume perfectly.

The ‘guitar’ bottle is upright standing and the colours are neon pink and purple making this stand right

out amongst other perfumes - and rightly so.

Rock Me was created by Anna Sui and launched in 2009 with supermodel Agyness Deyn as the face of the perfume.

So onto the scent itself..

The top notes are made up of: Green orange Williams pear Peach skins

Heart notes: Honey suckle Jasmine nut Water lily

Base notes: Amber Vanilla Cedarwood

After bragging about how pretty and ornate the bottle is though, is the perfume a let down in comparison?

When I first sprayed this onto my skin I was immediately aware of the floral notes - the water lily particularly stood out for me which was surprising given that the perfume contains vanilla which always seems to ...

• domineer fragrances.

The perfume is just the right strength when first applied to the skin, and after about an hour the other notes started to make themselves known. The strongest at this time were definitely the fruity top notes of the orange and the pear. The peach was very subtle but could be detected though was very faint.

Finally after the scent had well and truly settled onto my skin - around 3 hours later - this is when the more muskier base notes were introduced into the picture. Firstly the cedarwood and amber were noticeable then you could detect the faint vanilla notes were gave the whole combination a powdery, dreamy

feel to the skin and if it were likened to a material it would most definitely be described as velvet.

The perfume stood the time test as I applied it earlier in the day and by early evening it was still very much at the same strength which I was very impressed with.

I would highly recommend you try this perfume as it is the perfect package. The bottle is spectacular and deserves pride and place in the centre of any woman’s dressing table.

I would say this is best suited for daytime wear as though the scent lingers is more summery and airy than an evening scent.

This gets full marks from me a 10 out of 10 for certain (9 for the bottle alone!).

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5623051102090131/k2311a0523/5.23.10