Maybelline the Colossal Volum’ Express Mascara
  • At first I thought that my tube of mascara was somehow defective or expired, but after smelling my mother's tube of mascara, I realized that this was the normal smell
  • I think that would definitely sway my vote to perhaps start buying Maybelline products again

• by okiprincess82

One of my passions is definitely makeup. I love to try new companies and products. I recently saw a commercial for Maybelline’s “the Colossal VolumExpress” mascara. This product advertises “Colossal lashes in just one coat”. I wouldn’t exactly say my lashes were “colossal” or anywhere close to that, they did amplify my lashes a bit but did require several coats to get it that way. I do expect that companies to “plump” up their ads by promising certain things, so this wasn’t much of a disappointment to me. I have yet to find a mascara from Maybelline or

similar companies that have come near to fulfilling their promises.

Although I didn’t mind that my lashes were far from colossal, I did however mind the horrendous smell coming from my tube of mascara. It has an awful smell that resembles a very strong rubbing alcohol or paint thinner. At first I thought that my tube of mascara was somehow defective or expired, but after smelling my mother’s tube of mascara, I realized that this was the normal smell. If you can get past the terrible, sinus-clearing scent, this mascara isn’t half bad. However, for me, I just can’t ...

• get past the smell.

This mascara comes in a bright yellow tube with purple writing and comes in either black or brown. It comes with a megabrush and is washable for easy removal. It retails for about $8.00 and can be found at many popular chain stores like Walmart, Kmart, Target and Ulta.

The product advertises that your lashes will be multiplied 9 times and is clump-free. Since it also advertised that you only need one coat, it give instructions on Maybelline’s website to not let the mascara dry between coats. I also found the photo of the model

to be a bit comic. The lush, super-long, full lashes are just so hard to believe. Maybelline should try using natural models with realistic results. I think that would definitely sway my vote to perhaps start buying Maybelline products again.

In conclusion, I think this will most likely be my last Maybelline product for a while. I’m afraid of what could have possibly caused that terrible smell and am petrified to possibly one day find out that their lipsticks or glosses also have the same smell. I can’t imagine using a product on my lips that could smell so pungent.

Maybelline the Colossal Volum' Express Mascara

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121051101520231/k2311a0521/5.21.10