Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem  » Movies  »
0.5
  • Alien and Aliens , along with Predator are incredibly frightening, hardcore movies which I enjoy with every bit of fanboyish delight that they deserve
  • But unfortunately, someone managed to put these two properties together and come up with nothing less than a big, stinking disappointment
  • I know how it ended and I know this movie is a continuation
  • That being said, I think I can make a pretty good judgment on this horrible, horrible excuse for a movie
  • I found it extremely frustrating that someone could take Aliens and a Predator, pit them against each other, and come out with something that barely deserved to be a made-for-television movie of the week

• by Paradigmgeek

I love movies. I love them. They are one my passions in life. “Alien” and “Aliens”, along with “Predator” are incredibly frightening, hardcore movies which I enjoy with every bit of fanboyish delight that they deserve. So it would make sense that if you take one awesome thing such as Aliens and mash it up into a no-holds-barred cage match with the equally awesome Predator, you should come out with smorgasbord of unrivaled, kick-butt action served with a side of awesome sauce. But unfortunately, someone managed to put these two properties together and come up with nothing less than a big, stinking disappointment: “Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem”

Keep in mind, I have not seen the first “Alien Vs. Predator” movie, so I cannot compare the two. I know how it ended and I know this movie is a continuation. As far as I can tell, that

is only way these movies are connected. For that reason, I can only review this movie based on it’s own merits and not in comparison to its predecessor. That being said, I think I can make a pretty good judgment on this horrible, horrible excuse for a movie.

Truth be told, I had some hopes for this movie. I knew how disappointed many people were with the first one, but after I caught a glimpse of the Red-Band trailer for Requiem, I was pleasantly optimistic. It showed all the sci-fi alien gore and blood-splattering kills one comes to expect from movies such as the “Alien” and “Predator” films. However, the reviews started coming in, each one more disparaging than the last. The only reason I ended up seeing it was because a bunch of friends wanted to see it and said they’d pay for me. Thank goodness they ...

• did. It saved me eight bucks.

Somehow, the trailer took all of the satisfying gore and action from the trailer and made it completely unnoticeable. Everything that looked so awesome in the trailer looked more or less unimpressive within the context of the movie. The film was filled with, as far as I could tell, unknowns and their acting proved why. The lines were poorly-written and poorly acted. In the end, this movie came across as a Sy-Fy Channel Original movie (and a sub-par Sy-Fy Original at that). I found it extremely frustrating that someone could take Aliens and a Predator, pit them against each other, and come out with something that barely deserved to be a made-for-television movie of the week. By the time the movie was over, I didn’t find myself caring for any of the characters and didn’t find myself terrified like I did with the

original films.

This was also one of the only distinct times I’ve ever been convinced within the theater that the movie I was currently watching was a horrendous waste of my time. I’ve never come out of a movie so convinced that I hated it until this one. I honestly try to give any movie a chance, no matter how convinced I am that it will stink. I tried that with “Requiem” and it failed to satisfy my hopes in every way conceivable.

Thankfully, Robert Rodriguez has produced an incredibly promising follow-up to “Predator” and Ridley Scott is working on a prequel to “Alien”. Hopefully these true cinematic masters will be able to breathe life back into the rotten corpses “Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem” left behind. If you’re looking for a great time, watch “Alien”, “Aliens”, or “Predator”. This movie is not even worth your time considering.

Alien Vs. Predator: Requiem

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1121051101470231/k2311a0521/5.21.10