Our Family Chili
2.0
  • I decided to make chili dogs last night and, in the interest of not spending too much (since I didn’t get paid until today), I ended up buying a bargain brand can of chili
  • My other problem with the chili is it had no flavor to it

• by Review Vigilante

I decided to make chili dogs last night and, in the interest of not spending too much (since I didn’t get paid until today), I ended up buying a bargain brand can of chili; Our Family. When I purchased this, I remembered buying it before.

But, I couldn’t remember much about it.

If I had remembered the last

time I had eaten this chili, I likely would not have purchased it.

First of all, the chili looked a heck of a lot more like dog food than chili.

And, I’m not exaggerating when I say that because both my wife and daughter said the same thing about it.

I have to tell you, that did hurt ...

• my appetite a bit; even after I did my best to hide the chili under plenty of cheese and onions.

My other problem with the chili is it had no flavor to it.

It was some of the most bland chili I have ever tried.

And, I have tried a lot of different canned chili brands in the

past.

I also couldn’t help but notice there wasn’t much in terms of meat or beans in the chili; despite what the can claimed.

This is the last time I will purchase this chili.

It was significantly cheaper than the other available brands.

But, there was a reason for that and I just can’t justify sacrificing quality to save less than one dollar.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2721051101110231/k2311a0521/5.21.10