World Market Maroc Cocktail Knife  » Housewares  »
  • In particular, I love my Maroc spreader knives the best
  • I like the decorative spiral on the bottom of the twisted metal handle
  • I think the smaller the tool, the heavier it should be
  • However, I specifically recommend these cocktail knives
  • They have been a great addition to my cocktail parties and one of the best finds I've come across all year

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I’ve always wanted a bunch of little knives, spoons and forks for serving appetizers. So, when World Market had a sale on theirs pieces a few months ago I snapped them up. I got a good deal on a bunch open stock little cocktail forks, spoons and knives and I’m very happy to have them.

In particular, I love my Maroc spreader knives the best. I like the decorative spiral on the bottom of the twisted metal handle. But what I’m really pleased about is that the spiral is not just decorative. It actually provides a nice stable base for gripping the little knife with my thumb.

This spreader also has a really nice weight to it. I think the smaller the tool, the heavier it should be. And I love that

it appears to be one continuous piece of metal. That means there’s no way the base will start to separate from the handle. I’m a big fan of cheese spreads, and some of them are quite stiff. It’s nice to have a little knife that can stand up to the thicker spreads without bending. Before I got these I was making do with butter knives and this was happening a lot, especially with cheddar cheese logs. I also love that the knife end is quite large for such a small knife. It’s wide and almost triangular and I can get as much spread as I want on it in one go and not have to go back in for more. I really enjoy piling it up with whipped cream cheese for ...

• spreading onto big crackers to make little cracker sandwhiches.

I like the design of all the Maroc serving pieces. However, I specifically recommend these cocktail knives. I also bought some of the matching Maroc cocktail spoons. I like them, but not quite as much as the knives. I think the best thing about the little knives is how well designed they are. I like that they maintain a flat profile from end to end and the knife end is larger than the handle. I feel this makes them well balanced. If I stab one of these knives into a tub of cheese spread it stays where I put it. I have never once had one of these knives fall over or wind up on the floor. In contrast, I have

a little spreader knife I got ages ago at Pier One that I hardly ever use. The handle is so much thicker and heavier than the knife end that it tends to fall over.

Over all I think these little knives are very well made and very attractive too. I think spirals are a pretty classic design. They don’t say summer or winter to me so I feel comfortable using them year round. Even though I bought four of them, which should be plenty, somehow I feel like I need more. I hope they’ll continue to stock these. They have been a great addition to my cocktail parties and one of the best finds I’ve come across all year.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5321051101070231/k2311a0521/5.21.10