Aura Cacia Aromatherapy Pocket Diffuser
  • I found the AuraCacia Aromatherapy Room Diffuser ages ago, and this has been fantastic for relieving my problems with my sinuses and my feeling of a blocked up nose
  • As an ongoing problem I wanted to find a natural solution not something of a medical nature
  • I love breathing in lavender and find this very calming and soothing particularly at the end of a day or if I can't sleep
  • For this reason, I prefer not to mix my oils on such a small filter
  • I highly recommend the Aura Cacia Aromatherapy Pocket Diffuser

• by npz

I found the AuraCacia Aromatherapy Room Diffuser ages ago, and this has been fantastic for relieving my problems with my sinuses and my feeling of a blocked up nose. I had tried a lot of different products some medical and some natural, but nothing which really worked. What I really wanted to find was something completely natural. As an ongoing problem I wanted to find a natural solution not something of a medical nature. The only problem with the room diffuser, was in particular when travelling, as the unit is not so small that you can easily put it in your luggage, plus it requires a plug and electricity, which can be difficult if travelling to other countries.

However, I have now found the solution. I have bought and used a few of the Aura Cacia Aromatherapy Pocket Diffusers. These are tiny little battery powered diffusers about the size of a travel alarm clock. They also have a similar mechanism to a travel alarm clock, you flip

open the cover and fold it back on itself to form its own stand. This is perfect both for travelling and if you want something sitting on your desk, for example whilst I am working.

Operation of this unit is so simple. Whenever I am feeling blocked up or as if I have sinus problems, all I do is remove the plastic cover on the front of the diffuser, unclip the replaceable filter inside of the unit, put between six and ten drops of eucalyptus oil on the filter, clip the filter back into the main unit, replace the cover and switch on.

Within seconds, I find a pleasant stream of eucalyptus oil wafting over me. The unit is tiny, but is powerful enough that within a few minutes, the room is also filled with the refreshing and clearing smell of eucalyptus. Almost immediately I find that my sinuses are feeling better.

As with the larger room diffuser, I really like the fact that I am not limited to eucalyptus. In ...

• fact this diffuser will work with any essential oils. Another one I like using is lavender. I love breathing in lavender and find this very calming and soothing particularly at the end of a day or if I can’t sleep.

The diffuser only comes with a couple of changeable filters, however, you can buy new filters relatively inexpensively. I have found that, because of the size of the filters, about a quarter or less the size of the filter in the larger unit, it is best to use one filter per essential oil. This is fine if you only use a small number of oils on a regular basis, because you can mark them up and keep them separate. That way the oils don’t contaminate each other’s smells.

The problem arises if you want to try out lots of different oils. The reason is this. With eucalyptus, the smell fades quite quickly so it is not do much of a problem using another oil after. However, an

oil like geranium is very powerful and extremely long lasting. If I use geranium oil, even if I don’t use the diffuser for a couple of days afterwards, when I next use it with for example eucalyptus, I can still smell the underlying geranium. For this reason, I prefer not to mix my oils on such a small filter. My advice therefore is to use filters for different oils. Also I use the oils very sparingly until I know how strong each of them are.

Overall, I think the pocket diffuser is great. At around $15, I also think it is good value, and the replacement filters are not that expensive either. I also like the fact that the battery seems to last for ages, so the running costs are low. In fact, the main expense in using this is the essential oils, which depending on which oil you use, can be very cheap or very expensive. I highly recommend the Aura Cacia Aromatherapy Pocket Diffuser.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5321051100960131/k2311a0521/5.21.10