Woman’s Hiking Boot Nangpa-La XCR Hiking Boots by Scarpa  » Clothes  »
2.5
  • I like the colors, the way they lace up quickly and the length of the boot laces are good
  • I won’t buy this style of boots again (I paid $165 at REI) and although I feel I got my money’s worth, I am not happy with the padding inside that has made me want to wear thicker socks and the way they end up too narrow

• by Marty Raaymakers

I picked this boot because it was lightweight and sturdy. I liked the way it felt in my hands as I was examining it. When I inspected it, it seemed well-made. the stitches were close together and the glue job was neat. The boot itself weighs a little over two pounds in my size 6.

When I tried these boots on, I wore thick socks and thought they were comfortable. I took a lot of time to walk around the store in them. When I switched to new socks with a thinner sock underneath,

the boots ended up being too narrow for me. I wanted to upgrade my socks to make the insides softer, but have been unable to do so.

My feet don’t get beaten up when hiking with these boots on, even when hiking on rocks or doing light climbing.

What I liked the most was when I forded a stream, I didn’t end up with wet feet and socks. I was able to walk though low level water and not get wet.

It did take me a long time to get my boots ...

• broken in. I wore them around the house, and did a day hike or two before taking them out on a long distance hike. Even then, I had some of the new boot blues. It wasn’t the soles that required breaking in, but the area around my ankles. Since it is rated a light hiking boot, I was surprised that it took so long to break in.

The uppers are suede leather and nylon. They are easy to clean, unless you get in excess mud. Then they are still easy to clean, but

seem to stay stained a dirtier color.

I like the colors, the way they lace up quickly and the length of the boot laces are good.

I won’t buy this style of boots again (I paid $165 at REI) and although I feel I got my money’s worth, I am not happy with the padding inside that has made me want to wear thicker socks and the way they end up too narrow. I might check out a different model that is more focused on extended hiking and not quite so focused on daywear.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5521051100920131/k2311a0521/5.21.10