Fossil Champagne Dial Analog Watch in Black Semi-cuff Bracelet  » Watches  »
  • I love fossil watches because they’re more affordable than those designer types
  • The brand definitely knows how to design cheap cum-luxe watches
  • A minor caveat I’ve just noticed is the black plastic cuff
  • I don’t remember the exact price of this watch but I know for sure that fossil clocks start from 90 dollars up

• by jhunie

This expensive-looking watch is my favorite dress watch to wear at the moment. It’s something I had just bought last month. I love fossil watches because they’re more affordable than those designer types. I might have to haul myself back in that store because I’m still lusting for their clear-strapped chronos which I turned down for this dress watch. I simply liked the subtle champagne tone of the watch’s steel case as well as its bracelet. It’s a little bulky to carry around though, just like men’s wrist watches. The champagne bracelet lends a sleek light gold shine that doesn’t overwhelm. But I’m just hoping the toned steel bracelet doesn’t fade out before I

get the hang of it, given it is cheap and the stainless steel may be slightly substandard.

The watch is a good piece of accessory which can go for dressier walks to casual outings. I couldn’t leave the house without this watch at the time it was spanking new. It seems that I am fetish to white watches because literally I have either white gold or white-strapped clocks in my collection. Basically, it just so happens I find black watches unappealing. But the fossil watch I have is the only exception. The semi-cuff bracelet has black plastic strapped halfway through the steel chain. The black accent makes the watch appear more elegant. I never liked ...

• black but not for this one.

Even though I find the black and champagne pairing to be slightly of masculine taste, it really looks expensive and tasteful. That’s truly part of the reason I admire the watches that fossil make. They have a comprehensive range, from fun transparent-strapped analog chronographs to beautiful dress watches. The brand definitely knows how to design cheap cum-luxe watches. For this particular clock, the dial has the same uniform beige tone featuring three hands designating the hour, minute and second. It doesn’t have an added function other than straightforward time-telling.

The bracelet looks cuffed up front but it actually changes halfway to a chain enclosure. A minor caveat I’ve just noticed is

the black plastic cuff. It requires careful handling especially if I do a quick wash as the matte plastic can have white film marks, like dried soap residue. Anything else, this is a pretty clock to match a chic pair of Italian dress shoes, or a well-fitting little black dress at night and conversely, a white dress for the day, either way the watch is my best bet. I don’t remember the exact price of this watch but I know for sure that fossil clocks start from 90 dollars up. The price is a cheaper substitute to designer watches, thereby, it’s highly recommended.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6421051100840131/k2311a0521/5.21.10