Special K Challenge Diet and Workouts  » Health  »
  • Originally, I had set out to pick up a couple of boxes in order to save the stamps for the latest workout, then I found out that one box actually had an exclusive Abs only DVD enclosed inside
  • Now not only can I try the Special K challenge, but I also have a handy 20 minute workout for the cost of the cereal that I had intended to purchase anyway
  • There is also a 6 issue newsletter that you can receive once you sign up online, with even more tips to help you to succeed on this plan
  • As I am used to eating cereal anyway, including it for lunch wasn’t much of a problem

• by Jude244

If you have ever wanted to take the Special K Challenge, now is an excellent time to try it. Not only can it help you to lose an inch from your waist in as little as two weeks, but specially marked boxes come with an awesome workout DVD.

In the past, well actually for three years running, I have collected all the mail in workout DVDs with great success. Usually you are required to mail in 5 Special K stamps, and then the DVD comes about 2 months later. So far all the workouts have all been excellent, and I have used them quite often.

Now however, in addition to the 2-week challenge workout (which contains 6 ten minute workouts by the 10 Minutes Solutions company), certain cereal boxes contain the Special K Ab Workout with fitness expert Jessica Smith.

This free workout DVD by 10 Minute Solution contains the two 10 minute segments: Fierce and Fabulous Abs, and Bikini Belly. I could hardly believe my luck yesterday when I spotted the box in a local Wal-Mart. Originally, I had set out to pick up a couple of boxes

in order to save the stamps for the latest workout, then I found out that one box actually had an exclusive Abs only DVD enclosed inside.

Now not only can I try the Special K challenge, but I also have a handy 20 minute workout for the cost of the cereal that I had intended to purchase anyway. If you do decide to try it look for the box with the large banner across the top that reads “DVD inside” and not just the ones that read “Free 2 –week challenge workout DVD by mail”.

The DVD I received was in the Family Size 18oz. Special K original flavor box. Really for the three dollar+ box of cereal, the DVD could have easily cost 8-10 dollars alone. As I found mine in Wal-marts, I know they carry it and would imagine a lot of other stores will as well.

As for the Special K Challenge, which I have done successfully in the past, it is a 2 week meal replacement diet. This diet allows you substitute your usual breakfast and lunch with a bowl of Special K cereal,

• 2/3 cup of skim milk and a piece of small fruit.

You can also substitute the cereal with a Special K protein shake, or bar, if it is inconvenient to have cereal for lunch at work. For dinner, although it should be sensible, you are allowed to eat as normal. As an added bonus, Special K now has meal suggestions and recipes on their website to help you complete the challenge. I can’t believe how good the website has become over the years. There were more than a dozen yummy choices to chose from.

On this diet you are also allowed two snacks throughout the day. Ideally, to follow the plan, they would have to be a protein snack bar, cereal bar, protein water, Special K Fruit Crisps, or a small fruit or veggies.

In addition to the fabulous recipes and helpful tips online to follow this diet, there is also a 4 category “design your own plan” online planner. This feature not only gives you complete menu schedules for the two weeks, but has a calendar in real time that allows you to begin on any date, and

a completely customizable drag and drop scroll bar to help make menu planning even easier. Once completed, you can even print out the results, save them to your computer or even email them so that you have a complete diet plan during your time using this diet.

There is also a 6 issue newsletter that you can receive once you sign up online, with even more tips to help you to succeed on this plan.

I have always found this diet pretty easy to follow. As I am used to eating cereal anyway, including it for lunch wasn’t much of a problem. Then, rather than purchasing a ton of meal bars or protein shakes; I instead eat fruits and veggies, and opt for plain water, or crystal light packets.

In all the diet is relatively inexpensive when you factor in the low price of the cereal, and skip the pricey and unneeded optional bars, and fruit treat/cracker items. Plus, if you are able to get the free DVDs inside, and the by mail workout offer, the diet basically pays for itself considering the average price of the 10 Minute Solution workout DVDs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3421051100830131/k2311a0521/5.21.10