Oreo Cakesters by Nabisco  » Food  »
  • I found myself wandering the snack aisle at Wal-Marts yesterday and marveled at all the new choices of snack cakes and treats
  • Since I often pack a few items in my son’s backpack and he always ignores anything I consider healthy, I figured I budge a little and give him something fun
  • Ultimately I decided on two different snack cakes, one of which I will describe here

• by Jude244

I found myself wandering the snack aisle at Wal-Marts yesterday and marveled at all the new choices of snack cakes and treats. Since I often pack a few items in my son’s backpack and he always ignores anything I consider healthy, I figured I budge a little and give him something fun.

Ultimately I decided on two different snack cakes, one of which I will describe here. The first choice I made was the Oreo Cakesters snack cakes by Nabisco. The 12 oz. box I purchased contained 6 individually wrapped sets of two small Oreo looking

crème filled round chocolate cakes.

Each 2 oz. package perfect for lunch boxes everywhere, contains two soft and irresistible snack cakes. The cakes themselves really don’t taste a lot like Oreos. The first thought that came to my mind was that they reminded me more of Hostess Suzy-Q’s. Here though, in a much smaller two bite form. I am not complaining, taste wise they might even be better than the Suzy-Q and you never have to worry about getting all that cream from the outer wrapping on your hands.

Now for the part I find ...

• hardest to swallow, each little 2 oz. package contains a whopping 250 calories and a staggering 12 gram of fat. The fat actually contributed to a hundred of the yummy, but quickly gobbled up calories, and the 36 grams of carbs just blew my entire carb budget for the week. Okay, in all fairness, these were not meant for me, but I’ll be darned if I can sleep knowing some Oreo-like snack substance is somewhere in the house. I’m only human.

Anyway, while my son loved them, he did complain that the soft Cakesters were easily

squashed under the weight of his books in the backpack. Perhaps had they gone into an insulated lunch box they would have remained intact but they were no match for his heavy books and were flattened beyond recognition.

In that respect, I will probably keep the remainder of the box as an after school treats, because it seems pointless to give it to him knowing they will get compressed throughout the day.

While they were yummy, the outrageous calorie and carb counts make the Oreo Cakesters an occasional treat rather than an ideal daily school snack.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2721051100800131/k2311a0521/5.21.10