Hostess Twinkies with Shrek Ogre Green Filling
  • While I’ll admit its been a while since I had a regular Twinkie I know I am not imagining it when I say that these Shrek edition cakes seem to have way more cream filling than they used to
  • I might have liked if they had added a flavor to the cream to make it a little more unique, but the abundance of cream made these instantly better than I remembered them, and I ‘ll definitely purchase them again

• by Jude244

Just in time for the May release of DreamWorks’ Shrek Forever After movie, appeared the latest in product tie-ins by Hostess. While I can usually pass by the Twinkies unfazed when confronted with them in the snack aisle, there was just something about the limited edition Ogre Green cream filling that made this latest version more appealing.

Yes the cream really is the color of Shrek himself, and one would wonder why a rational person would want to eat this,

but you know once you get past the color of cream, these things are pretty good.

The taste is what you’d expect from a regular Twinkie. The same spongy yellow cake and three hole cream filling on the under side. The difference here may not just be in the color of the cream though.

While I’ll admit its been a while since I had a regular Twinkie I know I am not imagining it when I say that these ...

• Shrek edition cakes seem to have way more cream filling than they used to. My Twinkies were literally bursting with that Ogre green goo which somehow made it even funnier when you look at his face on the box.

I’m not sure if it was some intentional kiddy silly gross-out factor, but these new Twinkies were great. I might have liked if they had added a flavor to the cream to make it a little more unique, but the

abundance of cream made these instantly better than I remembered them, and I ‘ll definitely purchase them again.

I purchased the 15 oz. box which contained 10 individually wrapped cakes. Each Shrek Twinkie contained 150 calories, 5 grams of fat, and 26 grams of carbs. While the Twinkies were less fattening than the Oreo Cakesters I purchased on the same trip, they are still a bit fattening for my taste and will only be purchased as occasional after school treats.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2721051100790131/k2311a0521/5.21.10