OPI Black Onyx Nail Polish  » Cosmetics  »
  • I really love black nail polish, it's one of my favorite colors to wear, I don't really wear any other nail color except if I'm trying to match what I'm wearing, then sometimes I'll wear red or pink
  • I bought OPI's Black Onyx at a nearby salon and later that night I clean my nails from the previous black nail polish and painted my nails with the new one
  • OPI's Black Onyx is a very shiny very black nail polish, and I love it, it was hard for me to find a good black nail polish especially one that made my nails shiny and didn't look like a dull black but this does

• by JCandyce

One of the things that I hate most is nail polish that just doesn’t do what it’s suppose to. I really love black nail polish, it’s one of my favorite colors to wear, I don’t really wear any other nail color except if I’m trying to match what I’m wearing, then sometimes I’ll wear red or pink. A good black nail polish is really hard to find and it also seems the hardest to apply, well at least for me anyway.

I don’t have any problems with any other colors, just black. It seems to go on thicker than other colors, even

when it’s the same brand and line of nail polish.

I consistently have to paint my nails, they seem to chip the very same day that I paint them, however if I paint them any other color besides black, it lasts much longer. I was really interested in by OPI’s Black Onyx nail polish.

I haven’t tried any other nail polish by OPI but I’ve seen the ads in magazines and I heard that it was suppose to be a good line and that the quality of their nail polishes were really good and lasted a few days without chipping. I bought OPI’s Black Onyx at a nearby salon and later that night I clean my nails from the previous black nail polish and painted my nails with the new one.

Black Onyx went on really smooth for me, and the color wasn’t light that I had to apply a lot of coats to get a very dark black. The nail polish was smooth and I didn’t have any problems covering my nails, I did get a little on my cuticles but I quickly wiped it off and it came of easily.

That’s my fault though not the nail polishes, I’m not very skilled ...

• OPI Black Onyx Nail Polish
      at applying nail polish so it takes be quite a bit of time because I want to go slow and not mess up majorly. I applied 2 coats of nail polish on each finger, completing one coat and letting it set for 5 minutes before applying the second coat.

Even applying just one coat made my nails really dark, I could see some lighter areas though but they covered completely with the second coat. I did what I normally do everyday and I noticed that my nail polish lasted for days before it started to chip, I went over the chips with

a quick coat and they looked great again.

OPI’s Black Onyx is a very shiny very black nail polish, and I love it, it was hard for me to find a good black nail polish especially one that made my nails shiny and didn’t look like a dull black but this does. I’m not that great of a fan on top coats or base coats, they only seem to make the nail polish last less on me and easy to just peel all my nail polish off that way.

OPI has all sorts of pretty colors, so pretty that I may decide to even try a few.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121051100700131/k2311a0521/5.21.10