Kameo: Elements of Power game for XBox 360  » Games  »
  • Elements of Power a while back and I thought I'd give it a try
  • I was tired of getting my video-game behind kicked by zombies, so this was definitely a nice change
  • Some problem solving skills are required in Boss battles and in traversing the lands
  • One thing I like is the variety of characters and their abilities
  • I really enjoy this game and would recommend it to younger players

• by Ash Marie

I just recently started playing the XBox360. (I do not have mad skills.) Anyway, my sister purchased Kameo:Elements of Power a while back and I thought I’d give it a try. I was tired of getting my video-game behind kicked by zombies, so this was definitely a nice change.

The game is about an elf/fairy creature named Kameo. Her evil sister has captured the rulers of the land and is working with evil trolls to rule the land. Kameo has the power to morph into different ancestral creatures, each with different powers that help her on

her journey to regain order and save her family. As the game progresses, Kameo is forced to save the Elemental Nymphs, as well as her family and friends. These Nymphs give Kameo new powers.

Gameplay is fairly easy. Players use the four letter buttons to morph into different creatures and the R and L triggers to attack. (This can get confusing sometimes, especially when you’re in the middle of a fight and hit the wrong button.) It’s a pretty standard battle/adventure game, somewhat like a very cartoony Zelda. Some problem solving skills are required in Boss battles ...

• and in traversing the lands.

The story line is good, but it gets a little dry now and then. A more advanced gamer will probably get bored, but for beginners, it’s a good game.

One thing I like is the variety of characters and their abilities. There’s a rock monster who throws parts of himself as projectiles, a plant monster with a mean punch, and many other peculiar beasts. The whole game is very vivid and colorful.

Like most games, there are some viewpoint issues. Sometimes characters get turned around in battle and can’t see the enemy, which is

annoying, but this is very rare.

The game, as of May 2010, is $12.99 on Buy.com and 18 on Amazon.com, plus shipping. Several other sites have it, as well. We got it from WalMart last year, but apparently their website no longer carries the game.

I really enjoy this game and would recommend it to younger players. It’s not terribly graphic, other than the fighting (no blood and gore, parents!) More advanced players might not be thrilled with it, but I give it a thumbs up for everyone else. Overall, the game is very fun, but not terribly challenging.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2821051100430131/k2311a0521/5.21.10