Brez Premium Nasal Breathing Aid  » Health  »
1.0
  • So I have a rather embarassing problem associated with my sleeping habits
  • I thought perhaps it had something to do with the size, because there's all kinds of different sizes you can get for your nose, so I returned it (and thankfully the pharmacy I bought it from has a policy that allows me to return those kinds of things), and bought a smaller size
  • Painful experience that I don't care to repeat

• by Anasuya

So I have a rather embarassing problem associated with my sleeping habits. I was diagnosed with delayed sleep disorder very late in my life, though I had experienced the symptoms of this disorder since I was seven years old (perhaps younger, though that’s as far back as I can remember). It’s not that I can’t fall asleep, it’s just that it takes me two to three hours to get there. I can’t turn my brain off, and when I do manage to fall asleep, I have a variety of other problems that make the sleep almost useless.

One such problem is my snoring, associated most likely with allergies a good portion of the year, and with colds, and with general problems with

my nasal passages. My husband would complain about it on an almost nightly basis, saying he kept poking me in the arm to get me to roll over and stop snoring, only to hear me start back up again a few minutes later. Poor man has had to deal with this the whole ten years we’ve been together.

I’ve tried a few nasal strips that don’t stay stuck, and some other plugs that, though they worked, weren’t entirely comfortable, so when I saw the brez Premium Nasal Breathing Aid, size medium, I wanted to give it a shot. They were one of the most expensive breathing aids I’ve tried, at about $15, but the good thing about this product is it’s really pretty invisble when you’re wearing it. I hated those breathe right strips because they just looked ridiculous on your nose, and that’s assuming you could even keep them stuck long enough to your nose to actually fall asleep.

So, this little plug (that’s what it looks like to me), fits over the little bit of skin seperating the nostrils, and then up inside the nostrils.

Supposedly, it helps prevent the skin inside the nose from vibrating during sleep by tightening it up, which gets rid of the snoring. But let me just tell you this….

those things are incredibly uncomfortable! The first night I tried it, the thing actually kept me awake. After about the first hour, I ended up taking it ...

• Brez Premium Nasal Breathing Aid
      out of my nose, and my nose was so sore, even when I woke up the next morning. I thought perhaps it had something to do with the size, because there’s all kinds of different sizes you can get for your nose, so I returned it (and thankfully the pharmacy I bought it from has a policy that allows me to return those kinds of things), and bought a smaller size.

And that night, when I tried it, it was STILL killing my nose. Not worse, but not better either. I couldn’t figure it out, and poured over the instructions (which are actually pretty self-explanatory) so I knew it wasn’t a matter of me putting it in wrong.

It’s just a hard

piece of plastic that you are shoving into your nose, and I’m pretty sure there’s no real way to make that feel comfortable on any level. I gave up on it after that second size and never went back to try another size. I couldn’t imagine needing a larger size than the first one I tried, and going down in size didn’t improve the comfort in the least, so I wasn’t messing with it.

A friend of mine uses it and loves it, but I can’t stand it and wont spend my money on it again unless they really reconsider how it works, and do something with that hard plastic that rests against the membranes inside the nostril. Painful experience that I don’t care to repeat.

Brez Premium Nasal Breathing Aid

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3421051100410131/k2311a0521/5.21.10