The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason  » Books  »
  • It is through this book that I learned that I was the money’s slave for most of my early adult life
  • When I can’t pay my rent, I used to avoid meeting my landlord

• by Naked Bodi

From the thousand books I’ve read since my youth, this is the book that I held with utmost respect. I treat it as my personal Bible. It is because of this book that I am now enjoying the fruits of my labor, and that I am becoming richer and a happier person every day.

This book teaches about independence from employer, of working hard today so we can afford not to work

tomorrow, figuratively speaking. I knew of people who work so hard from their childhood to their senior years and still struggle financially, and I don’t want that to happen to me. I used to work day and night in order to maintain my lifestyle, and I still find myself lacking and in debt despite the big income I get from my job as a fiction writer. This book speaks to me, telling me that ...

• life will stay the same even if I never sleep a day in my life – if I will not start to make money my slave. It is through this book that I learned that I was the money’s slave for most of my early adult life.

The author also shared his wisdom when it comes to debt. I used to be so nervous when I owe someone a lot of money. When

I can’t pay my rent, I used to avoid meeting my landlord. I literally deny myself things as basic as food, just so I can pay my debt. This book taught me to be responsible, to my lender and to myself. And as I slowly try to follow the book’s advice religiously, the time came when I am free of debt, and that I even have some spare money to spend when I please.

The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1720051100220531/k2311a0520/5.20.10