Pop Weaver Extra Butter Popcorn  » Food  »
  • Oh, it's good popcorn to be sure, but is it delicious

• by CirclingCanvas

I personally can’t taste a whole lot more butter on this variety of popcorn compared to the “Butter” variety, also made by Pop Weaver. I can certainly feel it on my fingers, but I can’t quite taste the extra butter once the popcorn leaves my hand and enters my mouth. Oh, it’s good popcorn to be sure, but is it delicious? No.

It doesn’t successfully

capture my attention with every handful like the popcorn in the theater does. Of course, I always add extra butter and stuff after getting my container of popcorn at the theater, so I’m sure that’s got a lot to do with the difference in flavor.

Still, for “Extra Butter,” I expected a bigger burst of buttery goodness to coat the popcorn. On the upside, the kernels usually all pop and the popcorn itself is lightly crunchy.

I do really like that even with the popcorn having extra butter, it’s not loaded with as much saturated fat as most of the other popcorn brands, like Pop-Secret, Act II and Orville Redenbacher. This popcorn even has some healthy fats that are good for the body.

This is due to the popcorn being made ...

• Pop Weaver Extra Butter Popcorn
      with canola oil. Canola oil is a heart-healthy oil.

This is really the only reason I stick with this popcorn. Of course, it’s not like the other companies that put out microwavable popcorn have delicious extra butter varieties, they’re all about the same in taste.

This popcorn generally costs me close to three dollars and twenty-five cents for six bags, but I can a lot

of times get it for less due to store sales. It’s an enjoyable popcorn, but it’s not a fantastic popcorn that grabs hold of my attention when I have it.

It’s got flavor, but not movie theater popcorn flavor. It gets a “7″ rating from me because it’s above average compared with regular buttered popcorn and it’s great that it’s made with canola oil, but it’s not overly exceptional.

Rajat Bhatt says :

re : Oh, it’s good popcorn to be sure, but is it delicious
Popcorns are too good and buttery. The taste is fantastic and fabulous

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2720051100170531/k2311a0520/5.20.10