Goody Brandy Claw Clips, 3 Pk  » Cosmetics  »
  • Usually barrettes are no match for my thick wavy hair and bobby pins, as much as I love them tend to pull
  • At first I was having a slight issue with the hinge mechanism
  • Others I have had in the past separated easily so I found this kind of annoying
  • Right now, I enjoy using these to put my hair up when I cook
  • However, I definitely recommend them as a gentle and simple way to hold long, thick hair

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I used to wear claw clips all the time. Don’t really know why I stopped using them actually. I never wore them to style my hair. It was always more for the purpose of holding my long hair away from my face. I could always count on a claw clip where other hair accessories failed me. Usually barrettes are no match for my thick wavy hair and bobby pins, as much as I love them tend to pull. My scalp and roots are in a pretty sorry state these days so I’m trying to stay away from hair accessories that could do even more damage.

So, this is just your basic set of

three claw clips. They’re nothing special, just a nice sensible trio of tortoise, clear and black. These colors used to bore me, but I’ve come to see the wisdom in hair clips that don’t scream out for attention. These look more like something a grown up would wear.

At first I was having a slight issue with the hinge mechanism . It seemed to take more pressure than it should to get the claws to separate. Others I have had in the past separated easily so I found this kind of annoying. I was finding it a little bit difficult to operate with one hand while trying to hold up my hair with ...

• my other hand. Finally, I figured out I could squeeze the hinges between my thumb and middle finger while pressing on the back of the hinge with the back of my index finger. Then it seemed to open easily.

Now I’m thinking it’s a good thing the hinges are tight. Once they’re in my head they hold really well. I like to do the shake test. If I can shake my head a few times and it stays securely in place it’s a good clip as far as I’m concerned. These pass with flying colors. They’re nice and lightweight too, that means minimal pulling on my fragile hair. It seems they’ve also made an

effort to keep all the edges nice and smooth. That means there’s less of a danger of something catching on my hair and pulling when I go to remove it.

These Goody clips are affordable and have worked well for me, especially since I figured out the trick to getting the claws to separate. Right now, I enjoy using these to put my hair up when I cook. I still don’t use them for styling so I can’t speak for them in that regard. However, I definitely recommend them as a gentle and simple way to hold long, thick hair.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3120051100080431/k2311a0520/5.20.10