Mayo Clinic Wellness Solutions for Arthritis DVD by Gaiam
  • Having just wrapped up the Mayo Clinic Diet a few weeks ago, I was really impressed with the level of expertise and the extraordinary quality of their work
  • As I am quite susceptible to the caustic effects of stress myself, I found the inclusion of this booklet quite interesting
  • I also really enjoyed the Action Plan’s nutrition segment led by Dr. Donald Hensrud
  • If you or someone you love is currently dealing with the effects of Arthritis, you really should consider picking up a copy of this phenomenal integrative wellness plan

• by Jude244

It’s never too early to take good care of your health. As I am something of a health and fitness enthusiast, I have begun the process of putting together a home wellness library of reference books and DVDs.

My latest DVD is the Mayo Clinic Wellness Solutions for Arthritis by Gaiam. Having just wrapped up the Mayo Clinic Diet a few weeks ago, I was really impressed with the level of expertise and the extraordinary quality of their work. If this DVD is any where near informative, it will be money well spent.

One of the first features that appeals to me about this wellness DVD, is that it comes with a bonus 52 page booklet included inside. My Stress Solution: Strategies and Tools to Take Action, is a great accompaniment, and a invaluable tool of its own. As

I am quite susceptible to the caustic effects of stress myself, I found the inclusion of this booklet quite interesting.

The Mayo Clinic Arthritis DVD is broken into 4 chapters. Here I could choose from either: “What is Integrative Medicine”, “Understanding your condition”, “Action Plan”, and “Behind the Scenes” segments.

Leading off the topical discussion of the first chapter was Dr. Brent A. Bauer, Director of the Complementary and Integrative Medicine Program of the Mayo Clinic. While a DVD can not replace a medical visit or be used to form a diagnosis, this DVD can provide an in-depth look at the condition and may be helpful for the newly diagnosed, as they may want information beyond that of what is generally offered in practice. It may also be beneficial for family members and care givers to view the material, as they ...

• may find the information useful to help the sufferer improve their health.

One of the things I liked the most about this DVD was the way the components were formatted. First, they spent 30 minutes teaching you about the integrative treatment approaches for the condition, including traditional and alternative therapies. Next you learn proper nutrition and even follow a dietician on a shopping trip for healthy meal planning. Finally, you given soothing therapies in the form of a 10 minute meditation with Rodney Yee, and 30 minute restorative yoga session designed specifically to reduce tension and relieve some of the symptoms of Arthritis.

I would have easily purchased this DVD for the Meditation and Yoga components as I am a big fan of Yee’s work with Gaiam, and appreciate the gorgeous outdoor locations that they use for the segments. I

especially liked that they incorporated these healing elements into a topic often treated with by Western methods of medicinal protocols.

Easily Yee’s contribution elevates this program beyond that of a condition specific educational DVD, and on to a more inclusive holistic approach to wellness.

I also really enjoyed the Action Plan’s nutrition segment led by Dr. Donald Hensrud. Here I got to see the Mayo Clinic Healthy Weight Pyramid in action, and it helped to reinforce what I had previously read in their diet book.

If you or someone you love is currently dealing with the effects of Arthritis, you really should consider picking up a copy of this phenomenal integrative wellness plan. The invaluable information, diet planning, and lovely gentle yoga sessions, make this DVD a value well beyond the 17.99 USD price found on Amazon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3420051100000431/k2311a0520/5.20.10