Zicam Intense Sinus Relief  » Medicine  »
  • It's amazing to me the amount of allergy medications I can actually review, and slightly sad that I've tried this many, or those in my household have
  • I have probably purchased, over the last six years, about a hundred different kinds of allergy medications found over the counter, and that's not even to mention the ones I've had prescribed to me that didn't work, or worked far less than I thought they would
  • It always starts with the itchy nose and watery eyes and then I know the severe congestion is only days behind
  • This would be fine if it's just a saline spray, but for anything medicated, I certainly don't want to be taking it multiple times throughout the day, since they can cause nose-bleeds, which is a problem I don't want to deal with if it can be avoided
  • The spray ended up lasting me about three months, so I found that it was more than worth the cost, and it worked well

• by Anasuya

It’s amazing to me the amount of allergy medications I can actually review, and slightly sad that I’ve tried this many, or those in my household have. I have probably purchased, over the last six years, about a hundred different kinds of allergy medications found over the counter, and that’s not even to mention the ones I’ve had prescribed to me that didn’t work, or worked far less than I thought they would. But, I’ve found the most success with medications from Walgreens, and really appreciate that they have better prices than most stores these days, especially grocery stores.

My family of four lives on a budget, so saving money when I can is important, and I managed to find the Zicam Intense Sinus Relief at Walgreens for $12. That may seem pricey, but it’s way better than the $15 price tage I was finding at other stores, and the nasal sprays always last a long

time.

Heck, half the time I end up having to toss them because they’ve lost their effectiveness, I’ve had them so long. And I’ve tried other Zicam products in the past, and though it’s been a hit or miss with them, I always like nasal sprays more than a tablet, because they seem to be far more effective, far more quickly.

My allergy symptoms are pretty severe during certain months of the year, so immediate relief is a big selling point for me, and one of the reasons I’ve invested in trying different nasal sprays over the years.

I tried this one last fall, when my allergies started kicking in, around September.

It always starts with the itchy nose and watery eyes and then I know the severe congestion is only days behind. It’s a 12 hour formula, which seems to be the kind I gravitate more towards, because the others don’t work for bit an ...

• hour at the most half the time, before I need to use them again.

This would be fine if it’s just a saline spray, but for anything medicated, I certainly don’t want to be taking it multiple times throughout the day, since they can cause nose-bleeds, which is a problem I don’t want to deal with if it can be avoided. And, this is no exception to those fast acting nasal sprays.

I felt relief pretty much within just a couple minutes and could breathe pretty easily through my nose. It does have a rather strong aftertaste, when the spray heads to the back of the throat, and I found it lasted longer than I’d have liked, at about ten minutes, but it wasn’t so disconcerting that I wouldn’t use it again, by a long shot.

The relief was good enough that I didn’t mind the aftertaste. There was a slight burning sensation as well, when

I immediately used it, but that passed within just a few seconds.

I could breathe through my nose and that’s all I was asking for. But, to top that off, I also found that my nose and even my mouth wasn’t itchy any more after I used it, and that’s an annoying symptom of allergies I could definitely do without.

It didn’t last the twelve hours, but they almost never do for me. Still, a good five or six hours before I felt I needed it, at which point I just had to suffer through until I could take it again.

Since my allergies were worse in the morning and at night, I just reserved the use of this spray for those times of the day, and that worked out well enough for me. The spray ended up lasting me about three months, so I found that it was more than worth the cost, and it worked well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2620051099730431/k2311a0520/5.20.10