Walgreens Comfort Sleep Mask,Blue  » Health  »
  • So, although I thought the sleep mask gift was a little corny, I actually still really appreciated it in the end
  • I love it and continue to use it, especially for mid-day naps and to hold cuccumbers and moist eye pads in place

• by Anasuya

I always thought that eye masks and sleep masks were pretty dorky, to be quite frank with you, but my husband (after I advised him last Christmast that I wasn’t filling my own stocking, and he needed to do it) decided to get me a sleep mask and a load of bath and body products so I could pamper myself. He knew I’ve always had a hard time sleeping, especially in the early morning hours when the lights shining in and I start my typical tossing and turning before, three hours later, it’s time for me to actually get up. I’ve suffered from sleep disorders pretty much my entire life, and my eyes are left looking like a baggy mess as a result. I’ve even been asked if I was feeling well on days when I felt perfectly fine, because I’ve got dark circles under my eyes that are making me look ill.

Not exactly a look I want to go for, if you know what I mean. So, although I thought the sleep mask gift was a little corny, I actually still really appreciated it in the end.

It’s got a nice padded covering on it, fabric, so there’s nothing obscenely cold against your face. And, though it didn’t say it’s a feeze-it-and-use-it kind of mask, I would put it in the freezer for an hour before bed or before bath anyway, and then put them on. It never got cold, but it was cool enough to provide some relief on my sore and tired eyes. If I’m not on my feet at work all day, then I’m usually on the computer all day, typing one thing or another. So, my eyes appreciated the releif. The eye mask felt very comfortable against my skin, and the strap was never too tight that I had to ...

• fiddle with it and adjust it in any real way. I did find it hard to actually sleep with for any length of time, because I do toss and turn quite a bit and found that the strap would eventually just pop right off my head, and I’d wake up to find the sleep mask halfway across the bed from me, having been tossed and jossled in the middle of the night. But, when I want to just relax after a hard day at work, and it’s midafternoon and a little too bright, and I can cool my sleep mask down in the fridge and lay down with a nice cool compress for an hour. It doesn’t stay cool for the whole hour, don’t get me wrong, but it’s enough of a relief to please me.

Also, you can use some moisture eye pads and place them over your eyes and then put

the sleep mask on over that, and let me just say that it feels like a trip to the spa when you do that. It’s hand washable, and you just lay the mask down on a dry towel until it’s dried after washing. I’ve even done the whole cuccumber trick to help get rid of some of the dark circles under my eyes and used the sleep mask to hold them in place while I rest for a while and, my husband was right, it was like pampering myself, which was much needed. Though I thought it was the goofiest thing he got me, this sleep mask, it was also one of the things I’ve used the most since I’ve gotten it. I love it and continue to use it, especially for mid-day naps and to hold cuccumbers and moist eye pads in place. Loved it. Such a simple gift, but probably one of my favorites.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3420051099710431/k2311a0520/5.20.10