Zicam Allergy Relief Gel Swabs  » Medicine  »
  • My teenage son laughs about how I write so many reviews, and gets a big kick out of it, and about three months ago, was reading over my shoulder a review I had written on a nasal spray that I bought for my allergies
  • It was a rather comical moment when he sprayed it and inhaled and started coughing as the mist when up the nose and down the back of the throat, and he swore up and down he would never use a spray again, though he did say, about ten minutes later, that his congestion was almost gone, and the itchiness (which he got from me as well unfortunately) was also gone
  • So, when I found Zicam Allergy Relief Gel Swabs, I got it specifically because it seemed to be the best product to do what he wanted it to do, to work as quickly and effectively as a spray, but without the actual spray
  • I was happy just to find I could sniffle a bit when need be
  • We both love it and will definitely use this product again

• by Anasuya

My teenage son laughs about how I write so many reviews, and gets a big kick out of it, and about three months ago, was reading over my shoulder a review I had written on a nasal spray that I bought for my allergies. He was the lucky child who seemed to inherit my allergies and asked if a nasal spray would help him. He’s fifteen, more than old enough to take a nasal spray, so I figured I’d let him try the over-the-counter version I bought to help my congestion, and see if it would help his as well.

almost gone, and the itchiness (which he got from me as well unfortunately) was also gone. He hee’d and haw’d that it would be fantastic if it wasn’t a spray, but would work that great for him.

So, when I found Zicam Allergy Relief Gel Swabs, I got it specifically because it seemed to be the best product to do what he wanted it to do, to work as quickly and effectively as a spray, but without the actual spray. It was expensive, at almost $12 for a pack 20 swabs, but his allergies aren’t nearly as extensive and constant as mine, and he may go most of the season with no problems at all, only to have a week straight of pure misery.

So, yes, it was more expensive, but also worth it if it would offer him the same relief as the spray without the oddity of using a spray in the ...

• first place.

We found out that it’s not great for congestion, as you aren’t actively inhaling anything, but it worked wonders for itchy nose and even the itching in the mouth and back of the throat seemed to be alleviated a little, though I’m not sure how that worked out.

It also kept the runny nose at an absolute minimum, which he was thankful for. We’ve both had our moments of sleeping with tissue shoved up our nostrils just so we don’t leak all over the place in the middle of the night.

Quite unattractive, I assure you. His congestion WAS alleviated slightly, enough that he could breathe through his nostril, and I’ve even used this product myself when I’m too congested to inhale a nasal spray.

The swab opens up the nasal passages enough that a spray would be effective, though I’ve never used it and another product simultaneously. I was happy just

to find I could sniffle a bit when need be.

And my son was more than happy with the results he experienced, and swears he doesn’t want to take anything else to treat the congestion, itchy nose, and runny nose so long as these swabs are somewhere in the house. You just apply the swab to the outside of the nostril for a few seconds, and shouldn’t go any further inside than a 1/4 an inch, and then you redip the swap into the tube it comes in, and apply to the second nostril.

Easy to use, and it dries quickly and clear and doesn’t drip, and it’s easy to carry in a purse or pocket for mid-day emergency use. We both love it and will definitely use this product again.

Worked for him for about six hours, and for me for about half that time, which is still better than most sprays I’ve used. Great!

Zicam Allergy Relief Gel Swabs

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2620051099650431/k2311a0520/5.20.10