Cara Moist / Dry Heating Pad with Select Heat, King Size
  • One such product I want to talk about is the Cara Moist / Dry Heating Pad with Select Heat, King Size that I purchased for about $30, though I think I might have come across it on sale for cheaper than that
  • I found it at a pharmacy down the street from where I live (and we have three nearby pharmacies, so there's always some new product I'm trying), and really, the first thing I have to say about this product is that I really appreciate the size
  • I never recommend falling asleep with a heating pad on, for safety reasons, but when I'm just laying down for a couple hours watching tv, a heating pad has been one of my favorite ways to help alleviate some of the pain
  • And, for the most part, they work very well, though I have to alternate between heat and cold throughout the day, which works the best for me
  • There is different heat options, and I like my pads to be as hot as I can stand, but for those times when I like to tone it down a bit, I know I have that option

• by Anasuya

I recently made a list of all the heating pads, cold packs, pain relieving creams and ointments that I’ve used over the past two years, and the amount of items is, quite frankly, staggering. However, that also gives me the opportunity to share my experiences with these products with you, and hopefully help you make a more informed decision before spending your money. One such product I want to talk about is the Cara Moist / Dry Heating Pad with Select Heat, King Size that I purchased for about $30, though I think I might have come across it on sale for cheaper than that.

I found it at a pharmacy down the street from where I live (and we have three nearby pharmacies, so there’s always some new product I’m trying), and really, the first thing I have to say about this product is that I really appreciate the size. All

too often, I’ve used heating pads that aren’t big enough to cover my back, which is more often than not where I need it to cover.

I’ve hurt my back while working, doing what everyone else there is doing, but doing it far quicker and with less care than I probably should. As a result, I’ve ended up with a pinched nerve that nothing but physical therapy and medications have helped alleviate the pain from.

I practically live for pain relieving creams and heating pads these days, and have a rather extensive knowledge of these kinds of products, and this Cara Moist/ Dry heating pad was an excellent size, especially for laying with at night. I never recommend falling asleep with a heating pad on, for safety reasons, but when I’m just laying down for a couple hours watching tv, a heating pad has been one of my favorite ways to help ...

• alleviate some of the pain.

And, for the most part, they work very well, though I have to alternate between heat and cold throughout the day, which works the best for me.

This pad is an excellent size, but I really hate the removable washable cover, because it shifts around too much over the pad, and you find the pad sometimes bunched all in the cover awkwardly.

But I still LOVED the moist therapy option. You get the pad wet with warm tap water, wring all the excess water out and then put the pad and the included sponge back into the cloth cover and turn it on, and it’s like having warm wet towel compresses on your back at all times.

It’s like having a session at a spa, and I have to say I’ve rarely felt more relaxed then when I use the moist heat option with this heating pad.

I like things that have dual natures, and this one fits right into that category very well.

It functions pretty typical as a general heating pad, but it’s the moist option that really does it for me in the end. The pad is waterproof, so you don’t have to worry about mold or mildew or anything like that setting in after you’ve used the moist option.

There is different heat options, and I like my pads to be as hot as I can stand, but for those times when I like to tone it down a bit, I know I have that option. And it retains the last settings you had it on the last time you used it, so I rarely even need to mess with the controls.

It’s a bit more expensive than most heating pads, but worth every penny if you ask me, and I use it often enough to know!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3420051099640431/k2311a0520/5.20.10