Walgreens Wal-Four Nasal Decongestant Spray  » Medicine  »
  • It was expensive, though, and I hated the aftertaste and slight burning sensation that flonase caused, so have experimented with a few dozen different varieties of nasal sprays to see which one would work the best to treat the symptoms I experience
  • But, walgreens has always seemed to have the most reliable products, which is why I bought the Walgreens Wal-Four Nasal Decongestant Spray from them for about $6
  • It's supposed to be very fast acting, and I found that it did live up to its word, though it's very hard to use if you're very stuffed up prior to trying it

• by Anasuya

I have to say that I’m a big fan of nasal sprays to help alleviate some of the discomfort associated with my allergy nasal and sinus congestion. I actually started using a spray a few years ago when my allergies were at their worst and my doctor prescribed me flonase to help, in conjunction with my allergy tablets. It was expensive, though, and I hated the aftertaste and slight burning sensation that flonase caused, so have experimented with a few dozen different varieties of nasal sprays to see which one would work the best to treat the symptoms I experience.

My most severe symptoms are the itchy nose, eyes and throat, as well as the sinus pressure and congestion which almost always results in some pretty severe headaches for me, which almost always results

in neck ache and back ache and an inability to sleep. In short, I’m completely miserable for about six months out of the year, if not longer than that, if the pollen and allergen levels are really high.

I’ve even been desperate enough in the past to try cold congestion products in the hopes it would treat my allergies and I’ve had far more failures in my experiments than successes. But, walgreens has always seemed to have the most reliable products, which is why I bought the Walgreens Wal-Four Nasal Decongestant Spray from them for about $6.

It’s pretty typically easy to use. You just insert into a nostril, holding head upright, and squeeze while inhaling, and then just wipe your nose clean afterwards to make sure there is no dripping residue.

It’s supposed to ...

• be very fast acting, and I found that it did live up to its word, though it’s very hard to use if you’re very stuffed up prior to trying it. My congestion is worse first thing in the morning and at night, so I found I had to wait an hour or so after waking up, be a little active and get my sinuses to drain a bit so I can at least inhale through my nostril enough for the spray to be effective.

It wont work if you can’t breathe at all through your nose, and I can tell you I’ve had a few days like that as well. More than I care to count.

But as long as I stayed pro-active about it, and kept up with it throughout the day, then

this spray seemed to really work to keep the congestion in check. And, it’s good for both hay fever congestion and congestion due to colds and flu, so I’ve found multiple instances throughout a cold/allergy season for me that I could use it and benefit from it.

It does work very fast. I felt relief within fifteen minutes, and was breathing remarkably normally through my nose within the hour, and it seemed to last about four or five hours before I felt I needed it again before the symptoms started to get bad and “backed up” again.

As long as I kept up with it, and used it a few times throughout the whole day, it really worked and I could go through the day without being absolutely miserable. Walgreens has another winner with this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2620051099620431/k2311a0520/5.20.10