Ocean Complete Sinus Irrigation Kit  » Medicine  »
  • And, honestly, it cleaned me out pretty effectively, and I found I could breathe really well through my nose for the rest of the day
  • It definitely is a good product, but I still can't wrap my brain around the price tag
  • It works and works well, but it seems I've tried some other nasal sprays that aren't quite as invasive that work too, and are less than half the cost

• by Anasuya

So I have to admit I was a little hesitant to try a product that called it’s nose spray an “irrigation kit”. I had these sudden visions of a compulsively runny nose which I would have to keep plugged with tissue all day to keep it under control and, where my allergies are concerned, I pretty much have to do that anyway. I wanted a product that would help flush out the stuffiness and congestion and general all-over icky feeling I get when my allergies are at their worst, and certainly not a product that would mimick the symptoms. But, it came highly recommended to me by a friend of mine who also suffered pretty severe allergies, so I knew I needed to give it a try, especially considering I’d tried everything else under the sun as it was. I’ve had severe allergies for about eight

years now, maybe a little longer than that, and they seemed to come out of nowhere and hit hard. I have the whole slew of symptoms from sinus cogestion and headaches, to that itchy sensation you get in the nose, eyes and mouth. I felt like swallowing all the time and rubbing my tongue against the insides of my cheeks to help alleviate some of the itchy sensations I was dealing with, but rarely does anything really help long term. And it’s always the congestion that seems to be the worst, and I could live with the itchiness if not for that on top of everything else.

So, I tried the Ocean Complete Sinus Irrigation Kit after gawking at the $15 price tag. My friend still said it was worth it, so I went ahead and bought it. It’s used not only for allergies, but also ...

• congestion associated with the common cold, so I figured even my teenage sons could use it when they were sick, if they could get over the sensation of having something in their nose like that, which is not an easy sensation to get over. You are supposed to “flush” for about three seconds, and that’s a lot of fluid essentially going up the nose. I ended up choking a bit on it, as it went into the back of my throat, but I’m pleased to say I didn’t find it tasted overly medicinal or leave a bad taste in my mouth afterwards. And it didn’t burn at all, as some nasal sprays can do initially. Other than the discomfort of having the liquid in the back of my throat, it wasn’t too bad at all (but I can’t imagine convincing my kids to use it). And,
        honestly, it cleaned me out pretty effectively, and I found I could breathe really well through my nose for the rest of the day. The other thing I liked was that it can moisturize too. You just apply the white applicator tip, insert it in the nostril and squeeze and a bit of moisture will line the walls of the nostril. This was fantastic, because my nose always gets dried out with allergies, and itches unbelievably, and this helped alleviate that kind of discomfort pretty much immediately.

It definitely is a good product, but I still can’t wrap my brain around the price tag. It works and works well, but it seems I’ve tried some other nasal sprays that aren’t quite as “invasive” that work too, and are less than half the cost. But, I do have to say that it does what it promises and does it well. Strong product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2620051099580431/k2311a0520/5.20.10