Walgreens Extra Strength Ephrine Nose Drops  » Medicine  »
  • And, because my allergies are so bad first thing in the morning, I definitely need immediate relief, because I don't want to be heading to work with the level of sinus congestion I normally experience
  • However, the problem with nasal sprays for me is that their longevity
  • And yes, there was definitely immediate relief
  • I actually needed some help to put the drops in because I'd basically have to be laying down with my head hanging off the bed to do it myself, and that's not always convenient if you know what I mean

• by Anasuya

I’m a sickeningly big fan of nose drops and nasal sprays. Ever since my doctor first prescribed me an allergy nasal spray, I’ve been sold on their immediate effectiveness. And, because my allergies are so bad first thing in the morning, I definitely need immediate relief, because I don’t want to be heading to work with the level of sinus congestion I normally experience. When I do go to work without treating my allergies, I usually end up looking and feel half-dead by the end of the day, and am truly miserable when I get home. However, the problem with nasal sprays for me is that their longevity. Even the 12 hour sprays usually only last half that time if not even less than that. Even my prescription flonase wasn’t worth of it’s 24 hour claim by a long

shot, and typically only offered me any kind of relief at all for about six to eight hours. But Walgreens has provided me some pretty good allergy-related medications over the years, that I was hoping I could trust them to give me a good nasal spray that would last longer than three or four hours (for those over-the-counter medications).

The Walgreens Extra Strength Ephrine Nose Drops was $5 and you can use it every four hours, so I knew right then that I’d be lucky if it lasted me three hours. However, it’s better to last three hours knowing I can take it again an hour later, than to last me three hours knowing I have to wait another seven hours before I can take it again, like is often the case for those 12 or 24 hour sprays.

• And it actually states on the box that using this medication to provide prolonged relief can actually make congestion even worse. Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but I suppose I could make do so long as I had it to fall back on during those really bad mornings when I crawl out of bed akin to a zombie, sounding like one too!

And yes, there was definitely immediate relief. The nasal drops didn’t clog the back of my throat and make me choke on it, and there was no medicinal aftertaste that lasted longer than a minute or two, unlike other nose drops or sprays that leave a bad taste in your mouth for hours. It’s a little difficult to use as a drop and not a spray, but like I said, it helped prevent that bad aftertaste

because it doesn’t drip down the back of the throat. I actually needed some help to put the drops in because I’d basically have to be laying down with my head hanging off the bed to do it myself, and that’s not always convenient if you know what I mean. So, not very easy to use, and certainly not convenient if you want to take it to work with you and use it mid-day, but it did work and I felt congestion relief within a matter of minutes, which is far faster than most other products like this. The price is definitely good, and the relief lasted about three and a half hours, so almost as long as they promised. By far, this is probably the most effective drops I’ve tried, though wish it was available as a spray and didn’t lose its effectiveness.

Anasuya replies :

I dont work for walgreens so your guess is a good as mine. You could try their website though.you might even be able to talk to the pharmacist and have him special order it.

sandy says :

I live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago, Illinois and can not find the walgreens brand of ephrine drops at anyone of your stores. Is there a recall?

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi, I would try CVS and Wal-Mart as they both have store brands of these nose drops. However Wal-Mart is a little cheaper at about $ 5 compared to CVS whose store brand drops are about $ 6.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2620051099550431/k2311a0520/5.20.10