1998 Opel Astra
2.5
  • I don't think an average person can afford it
  • It's quite comfortable and luxurious but will cost you so much for repair and maintenance
  • I don't think it is suitable to be used in Asia
  • Unfortunately, the problem with the transmission is still unresolved
  • Overall, I would not recommend this car to my friends

• by Alex_29

Cars maybe a luxury for some, but a necessity for others. For those who finds it as a necessity, owning one is given a high priority. Opel Astra is built for the economy class. The price is reasonable, with standard features that you will see in luxury cars.

It has a 1. 6L engine with a reasonable fuel consumption. The interior is quite good compared to Japanese cars.

The chassis is

heavy which adds stability. Its safety features are great. It has airbags both for the driver and passenger.

The steering is heavy which makes it not suitable for women. The downside of this car is its maintenance. I don’t think an average person can afford it.

It’s quite comfortable and luxurious but will cost you so much for repair and maintenance. Since it is European made, the costs of spare ...

• parts are expensive. Compared to Japanese cars, Opel is less reliable.

I don’t think it is suitable to be used in Asia. The most common problems we encounter are the shocks, water pump, and transmission. It costs us as fortune to have those problems repaired.

Unfortunately, the problem with the transmission is still unresolved. We have contacted their authorized dealers and mechanics but they are clueless. It will take a

while for the car the move after shifting gears.

By the way, it’s automatic. Another problem we encountered is that the engine stalls when it is cold. That’s why we make it a habit to start the engine and allows it to go on idle for 5 minutes before using it.

The resale value is low, and it’s still hard to find a buyer. Overall, I would not recommend this car to my friends.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 919051098800531/k2311a0519/5.19.10